“I've never been disappointed when I eat here!”
Review of Sunset Grill

Sunset Grill
Ranked #26 of 101 Restaurants in Moab
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Sunset Grill is in the former home of Uranium King Charlie Steen. In the early 1950s Moab was a small farming community. Arches and Canyonlands were places only a lucky few experienced. In 1952 Charles A. Steen, geologist and prospector, put Moab on the world map. The Sunset Grill specializes in hand-cut steaks, prime rib, seafood, and other traditional dishes.
Reviewed September 8, 2018

Since it was a birthday celebration, I chose to eat at the Sunset Grill. My husband and I have eaten there many times over the years and have always enjoyed the food, the view, and the attention to our comfort and enjoyment. This time was even better as a our waiter, David, who had just moved from Nevada, was waitering in Moab, Utah. He took the time to talk to us and find out where we were from, what we did, and was very courteous and kind. I ordered the crab stuffed salmon and my husband got the pecan coated chicken breast. Delicious!! It's a more expensive restaurant but worth eating at for such good food. My hat off to the chef(s)!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,249)

Reviewed September 6, 2018

My husband and I ate here on June 23, 2018. We brought our 5 y.o. grand son for 1 2week road trip visiting national parks. Sunset Grill is a must go to restaurant before or after visiting the Arches National Park. The view is incredible. 2 orders of shrimp scampi. Hubby had the filet mignon. Everthing was delicious. Wendell was our server. Excellent customer service. He even brought dinosaur bones for my grandson to touch and hold. A memorable visit. Thank you!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed September 4, 2018

I can't say enough about this place, just a gem. It used to be the home of a a prospector who struck it lucky in the 50's when he hit uranium. Perched on a bluff it's a very short drive from the lodging in Moab and offers an incredible view of the Moab Valley and surrounding mountains. Service was excellent, our server Valvencia [?] was helpful and friendly. I had an excellent prime rib special and my wife enjoyed her tuna steak. Excellent wine list, with some reasonably priced selections.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

The view is the best part. Sitting on the patio overlooking the area was really nice and relaxing. The food was pretty good too, but it was overpriced. Loved the history behind the house.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

Perched high atop a bluff in the former home of the "Uranium King" this is a must stop in Moab. The prime rib was one of the best I've ever had-- slow roasted overnight to perfection. No reservations, so you might have to wait for a table in high season, but worth it.

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Sunset Grill? Share your experiences!