“Amazing place”

Sunset Grill
Ranked #19 of 88 Restaurants in Moab
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Sunset Grill is in the former home of Uranium King Charlie Steen. In the early 1950s Moab was a small farming community. Arches and Canyonlands were places only a lucky few experienced. In 1952 Charles A. Steen, geologist and prospector, put Moab on the world map. The Sunset Grill specializes in hand-cut steaks, prime rib, seafood, and other traditional dishes.
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

We go on to Moab every year and this is our go-to place! We love the shuttle pickup and drop off!! Service is ALWAYS OUTSTANDING! Food is amazing!! The mushroom appetizer is the reason to come!! The filet and the prime rib cannot be beat anywhere!!!! Through all of our travels everywhere we have never found a place that can beat this one!! The shuttle. The view. The service. The food. There is NOTHING better anywhere!!!

1  Thank Melisa D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were in town for Easter Jeep Safari and ate here for our 35th wedding anniversary. Don't believe the bad reviews, they do seem to be false. We had great service from the owners daughter Olivia, our meals were excellent and for a quality meal and drinks the prices were in-line for what you would pay "in the big city". Just because you are in Moab why should it cost less for a quality meal with a fantastic view in a restaurant with a legendary history? Enough said.

1  Thank JCFOhio
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

Great food and the view is awesome! My favs on the menu are the ahi and the prime rib. I have been to to the sunset grill at least once a year for the past 12 and it just keeps getting better.

This place is also PERFECT for events. The outdoor patio can accommodate a huge group and the views are all the decorations you need. I met my husband at an event on that patio in 2006 and he proposed to me there in 2009. The night he proposed we were enjoying the sunset on the patio with a glass of wine when my husband asked a waitress to take our photo. At that moment he pulled out a ring and popped the question. I obviously said yes and the waitress captured the entire thing on film.

Bottom line is that the sunset grill had great food, beautiful views and a special place in my heart. You should check it out!

1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed April 11, 2017

We went after sunset (since we wanted to watch it at Arches) but still opted to sit outside. They were surprised, but let us - view was still amazing, a bit chilly but they had heaters, and as an added treat, there were bats flying above.
Yes, it is pricey, but after almost a week of cold cuts, burgers, and cheap meals, we splurged on our last day. I come from the Northern California Bay Area where there are many, many good restaurants. This steak was one of the best I've ever had. Literally, melted in my mouth. For dessert the 4 of us shared 2 chocolate souffles. Yum!!! though, remember to order them when you order the rest of your meal since it takes a long time to make.

1  Thank lanamom
Reviewed April 9, 2017

I thin you must be paying for the view at the Sunset Grill because the food is nothing special and extremely expensive. My $30 salmon special was dry and overcooked and the presentation is certainly lacking. The kids did enjoy the fresh baked bread on the table. Overall I felt our bill should have been half of what it was for the quality of the food and the service.

2  Thank lizhughes2015

Been to Sunset Grill? Share your experiences!