“Best shakes in town”

Ranked #27 of 83 Restaurants in Moab
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed February 4, 2013

You'll need to bring some time as speed isn't their forte! We had breakfast there a couple of times and loved it! It's a bit pn the pricey side but it's great quality and very fresh. Sittibg on the balcony you can watch hummingbirds dashing around.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stopped in today for lunch -- looked like a nice healthy menu from outside and I was choosing between here and another restaurant on the block. I saw the tripadvisor sticker in the window and figured all was good. I was wrong.

I waited about 10 minutes before the waiter took my order. During this time, a group of about 12 people came in for lunch (roughly 1pm -- a normal time for people to eat lunch). My waiter told them to sit wherever they wanted. Then the hostess came up to the front and told them the restaurant was actually closed... even though there were several tables of people sitting there. I'm not in the restaurant business, but if a large group of people came into my business and wanted to spend money, I'd do everything I could to make them happy.

Once my waiter came over (after taking the order of a table next to me that arrived after I did), I tried to order the "black iced tea" that was printed on the menu, but was told they didn't have it. No problem, I ordered a diet coke instead (which was also printed on the menu). I then waited for 35 minutes for my bagel sandwich and side salad to come out. I could have driven to the local supermarket, purchased the ingredients and made my own in less time.

Further, there was no diet coke brought out with my food (so much for hoping it would come out earlier while I waited)-- the waiter didn't even stop by to check on me (nor the table next to me that ordered at the same) this entire time.

I asked about the diet coke, and then was told, "oh yeah, we don't have that either". Great. Since it took forever to get the food, I figured I should be proactive and ask for the check. I ate my sandwich and side salad and then a few minutes later my waiter brought the check. Then apologized for the long wait.

This place could be so much better than it really is -- the food was okay. However, it was the lousy service which ruined what should have been a simple lunch.

Amazingly, after I finished eating, waited for and paid my check, and walked out the door the poor table next to me still didn't have their food yet. I hope they still aren't sitting there waiting....

2  Thank Jason W
Reviewed January 1, 2013

After a long morning of hiking we needed something light that would tie us to dinner. We came across Peace Tree and we were so glad we did. Both of our salads were excellent and our server was quite entertaining. The atmosphere is simple, but enjoyable. A good find for us and a place we will go again.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My roll-up only had one slice of lunch meat (I think it was turkey or chicken). For the price it was very disappointing.

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The food is great. But the service is really slow. I would not go back. It took 20 minutes to place an order and 40 minutes later the eggs arrived. Three dollar coffees and you rarely get asked for a refill. Had to get up twice to pump my own refills. Expensive for what you get. We had this same long wait last year. We were hoping it was a fluke, but it was the same molasses service.

1  Thank Dinkmonkey123

Been to Peace Tree Juice Cafe? Share your experiences!