“The BEST food in the area.”
Review of Buck's Grill House - CLOSED

Buck's Grill House
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
St Louis, Missouri
“The BEST food in the area.”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We sat on the patio and had the best dinner of our entire trip. This includes Durango and other restaurants in Moab.

Visited October 2012

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Don't be Fooled by the Exterior - Reliably Good and Interesting Food”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This very good restaurant lurks behind an exterior suggestive of a run of the mill steakhouse. Do not be deceived. There is a very interesting menu and very good food.

We've been eating at Buck's for a few years during our twice annual pilgrimages to bike in red rock country. The food has always been good and continues to improve. I'm a particular fan of the mixed game sausage appetizer and the bison meat loaf (both flavorful and unique dishes). On our latest visit, my wife had the baby back ribs and loved them. The chipotle barbeque sauce is a nice combination of heat and flavor and is available for sale.

We have always had good service, and this time was no exception.

One criticism. The wine list is fairly limited, but, after all, this is Moab.

Las Vegas, Nevada
“roomy outdoor patio”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We ate at Buck's with a large group of friends. We were happy to find the outdoor patio was large enough to hold not only our group but plenty of others too. Live music on the patio made it even nicer. The food was pretty good, I had the vegetable enchilada, but the prices were a bit on the high side. Overall it was a nice evening.

Ohio, USA
“Not what I was expecting, but still very good.”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I guess I had a steak place in mind when our group decided on Buck’s Grill for dinner, but the menu is a bit more eclectic than that. That was OK as there is a good variety of items on the menu. I guess the reason I was thinking more of a steak place is that is what I remember from our previous visit to Buck’s in 2009. Perhaps they have tweaked the menu since then.

We had a large group, around 24 folks. We had a nice seating arrangement in the outdoor area, sort of by ourselves, but still with access to the live music. We were split between four tables which made moving about and visiting with other folks very easy (there was plenty of space between the tables). The service was great. The servers were friendly and expedient. Our orders were taken quickly and the food was brought out with little wait and all the meals were hot and well presented.

We were there on a Friday evening with a 7:30 reservation and the place was packed. Parking was very tight (we were wedging the rental cars into any available spot).

I’ll keep Buck’s on the list for our next visit to Moab.

UK
“"Disappointing"”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

In Moab for a couple of night's to visit the parks and tried this restaurant on our second night as my husband wanted to sample the elk stew. The waiter was abrupt and unfriendly and the stew was so tough it had to be sent back to the kitchen. I had a steak which was ok but not great value for money. Portions couldn't be described as generous. Would advise caution for any Coeliacs (Celiacs) thinking of eating here. The french fries and sweet potato fries are described as gluten-free but the waiter informed us that they are fried in the same oil as food covered in breadcrumbs/batter. So in effect only the raw product is actually gluten-free.

• Visited September 2012