“Yum in a town where its hard to find quality food”
Review of Desert Bistro

Desert Bistro
Ranked #3 of 87 Restaurants in Moab
Cuisines: Southwestern, French, Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casually upscale gourmet southwestern cuisine. Join us in our intimate dining room or on the covered patio for fun & innovative food with friendly, attentive service. Visit our website to see our current menu and make reservations. Open nightly at 5:00pm.
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We go to Moab very frequently and most of the time we are too gross from hiking, biking and camping to eat at nice restaurants. But one day we were just passing through town and needed a nice dinner. Thanks to some app or another we were led to this place. It is wonderful. Good food. Good Service, Nice atmosphere.
Call for reservations!. We got lucky because we were looking for an early dinner but the place fills up quick at dinner.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,202)

Reviewed March 17, 2014

If you are in Moab be sure to treat yourself at least once to a dinner at the Bistro. Reservations are probably necessary as we were there on a Wednesday night and the place was full. I did feel our waitress was pushing us to order even though we explained that we wanted to sit and enjoy our cocktails before we ordered. Everything on the menu was tempting. We settled upon bacon wrapped dates stuffed with chevre that were wonderful, but they were outdone by my Elk steak filet. It was prepared perfectly and so tender it almost melted in my mouth. All of the dishes are artistically presented. Portions are generous, but definitely pricey. Next time we are in Moab we will eat here at least twice.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Had the wonderful opportunity to dine here again just two days into their season and again we were not disappointed. An excellent wine list (glass, half bottle and full bottles) and amazing food selections from start to finish. The garlic cream soup will be one I try to figure out to replicate at home - simply creamy, smooth, garlicly yumminess with a balsamic drizzle and croutons. The soba noodle salad was a bit spicier than I had expected but okay with me - though some might be put off by it. The bacon wrapped, cheese stuffed dates were to die for - if I had not been full, I would have ordered them for a dessert! Jon, our server, was wonderful - he knew when to stop by for the next things and when to simply stand back and let us enjoy this delightfully delicious meal. This will be one of our stops any time we are in Moab! (I highly recommend a reservation - the place is small especially when it is too cool to be seated outside.)

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We ate here on the last of three nights in Moab after several reccommendtions from Locals and we weren't dissapointed.
Excellent flavours
The smoked Elk was particularly good
High reccommended

1  Thank martinfromnz
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had a lovely dinner at the Desert Bistro in Moab, truly deserving of the #1 spot. My Mojito was one of the best I'd ever had and the appetizers were incredible. I will say my duck entree was good but not great, but the dessert was scrumptious and the service really good. so we highly recommend it

Been to Desert Bistro? Share your experiences!