“Best meal in Southeastern Utah!”
Review of Desert Bistro

Desert Bistro
Ranked #2 of 83 Restaurants in Moab
Cuisines: Southwestern, French, Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casually upscale gourmet southwestern cuisine. Join us in our intimate dining room or on the covered patio for fun & innovative food with friendly, attentive service. Visit our website to see our current menu and make reservations. Open Tuesday - Sunday at 5:30pm, Closed Monday nights.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I am a 'foodie' from Berkeley, so can't say this is the best restaurant meal I have ever eaten, but it certainly was the best meal on our recent 10 day trip to Zion, Bryce, Capital Reef, Arches, and Canyonland.

The food is very creative, beautifully presented and service is quite attentive. Wine list is small, but offers a good selection of wines by the glass and some half bottles. I would have appreciated more choices of wines from Utah - I believe in drinking the local terroir! Prices are a little high for the area, but reasonable in comparison to prices in the Bay Area.

Certainly would eat here again if I find myself in Moab!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,144)

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We found the Desert Bistro on Tripadvisor and it happened to be right behind our hotel (Best Western) which was great. We would have driven for it too! We were the only customers seating outside (it was a cold evening and the inside was entirely reserved) but we didn't mind. We had heaters on each side and they offer blankets. The meal was excellent (I had a fish special and my husband had the duck). The chef really knows how to use spices, herbs and all ingredients.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I live in Moab and come here whenever I have houseguests. This is THE MOST AMAZING restaurant. The food is exquisite; the staff wonderful and knowledgable; the atmosphere is truly fine; this is just one of the finest restaurants around. And it's right here in Moab!?

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We tried to go here Friday night but they were booked until late. Today I called and left a voicemail with my preferred reservation time. They called back to confirm. The staff and owners are really professional and helpful! They serve half bottles of wine, which is great since my husband does not drink wine. I had the gyoza appetizer - served with an amazing chipotle pepper! Fantastic. I would get it again and again. Husband had ceviche special. He could have eaten 3 of them! I had stuffed acorn squash (huge and amazing) husband had buffalo special (wrapped in bacon and served with garlic mashed potatoes). Dinner was excellent and we would go back any day

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We came into town early evening, checked into the Hampton Inn based on Trip Advisor reviews and quickly looked up restaurants. Desert Bistro was rated #1... As it should be! What a perfect place for a relaxing dinner that is delicious from the first bite to the last (we were scraping our plates!). Chris was our very savvy waiter who recommended the Ahi Tuna, bison with goat cheese, port wine, balsamic vinegar, rosemary glaze with roasted shallot jam. We Tavel quite a bit and try to eat at well rated restaurants and Desert Bistro is by far one of the best we have tried. It's probably a good thing we don't live in the area bacau se we would have to buy bigger wardrobes!

Michelle, one of the owners & chef is not only very capable, but friendly & beautiful too!

Been to Desert Bistro? Share your experiences!