“Excellent Mexican Food and First Rate Service”

Miguel's Baja Grill
Ranked #12 of 83 Restaurants in Moab
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The food was excellent. Javier gave us the most wonderful service. He was very attentive during the meal. He assisted my elderly mother into her chair and then helped her down the stairs when we left. Needless to say, I was very, very impressed with this young man.

I ordered the Moab burrito, which was huge and very tasty. I ended up taking most of it home. The house salad was fresh and loaded with wonderful veggies. Other members of our party had enchiladas, which were likewise excellent.

There are newer reviews for Miguel's Baja Grill

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Elevated standard Mexican fare in a fun environment.

I had the fajitas which was a huge amount of food and delicious.

What really set this place apart was the terrific service from the (mostly) young staff. Seemed like most of them are local highschool/college kids, but they seem to be having a good time and I like that.

The free chips and salsa at the beginning were nice - I think the chips were not homemade, but the salsa definitely was and it's great!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Enchiladas were very good -loved the mole sauce. Dave was good - he knew the food and gave suggestions and recommendations. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This restaurant is located on Main Street in Moab UT, parking might be a bit challenging. However, the food and service are well worth walking a few blocks. My husband ordered the grilled shrimp, which came with a side salad, tortillas, rice and sauteed veggies. Let me just say...Miguel's Baja Grill is no joke when it comes to a "side" salad - no iceberg lettuce at this place! Not even close! This salad was made up of fresh greens, tomatoes, jicama, sliced almonds and other stuff that escapes me at the moment. The dressings offered are just as spectacular as the salad. I ordered the carne asada tacos which were served with soft tortillas (very fresh), rice, beans, pico salsa and guacamole. The carne asada was seasoned to perfection, the guacamole was delicious (not too much seasoning, I could taste the fresh avocado) and the portions are generous. Our server was readily available but not bothersome, perfect mix and hard to achieve as a server-great work, Collin. This restaurant is at the top of my list for places to eat in Moab, UT. Cons, if any, limited amount of seating so definitely a reservation during the busy season.

1  Thank TracyRichardson
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Near the end of an extended road trip, my wife and I arrived in Moab, Utah to tour nearby Canyonlands and Arches National Parks. We had not had Mexican food in a couple of weeks and as Texans, were having withdrawal. My wife found Miguel's Baja Grill on TripAdvisor (with good ratings) before we arrived. We gave it a try. It was a fairly small place on the main drag (Main Street or US 191), but quite lively. It’s menu was really “Baja California Mexican Fare” and not traditional “Tex-Mex”. Their margaritas with blue salt-rimmed glasses were quite good. My wife and I both ordered the chicken enchiladas with a green tomatillo topping. They were served with a large roasted jalapeno pepper. After carefully removing the insides (seeds) the roasted peppers were delicious with the enchiladas. Collin, or server was very friendly and attentive. It was a very good meal, enjoyed in their front patio under a cover which completely shaded us.