“Good food but a little overpriced”

Miguel's Baja Grill
Ranked #18 of 86 Restaurants in Moab
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Quant little Mexican place that uses fresh ingredients but its a little overpriced for the amount of food you get. My wife and I got shrimp and chix tacos respectively and they tasted good but $16 for 6 pieces of shrimp, 2 flour tortillas, dressings and some refried beans was a little too much. I guess they are in the dessert though. Good food, just be prepared to pay for it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Food is great! ~ Margaritas are fabulous! Waiters are funny and we had a good time,service was fantastic~ but the chip dishes should be bigger, salsa was delicious though

Reviewed December 1, 2012

And I thought I'd had some great fish tacos....wait 'til you try these. We have great Mexican restaurants in our hometown, but this was amazing. Fun atmosphere and decor, kid friendly, welcoming staff. Don't miss it! Arrive hungry.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

It is about 33 degrees this evening in Moab, Ut, and, guess what? Miguel's has a canvas front door and a roof partly open to the sky. Would be heavenly in June or July...a little cool here in November.

No matter: the food was GREAT! Service was good, attentive, and helpful.

Oh, there is a radiant-heating system running over the tables, but it was having a little trouble keeping up tonight. Still, it helped.

Now to the important stuff: the food. This is gentle, delicately flavored cuisine that almost anyone could appreciate. You don't need a palate of steel for this. You CAN spice it up a little, but Tex-Mex fans would not be pleased.

I AM a Tex-Mex fan, but can appreciate the subtle spices and flavorings. We both had enchiladas: mine with the more "spicy" red sauce, my wife's with the more mild "green". I had pork, she had poblamos. We ALWAYS share bites. All were good, none very spicy, but both gently flavored.

The servings were big enough that we'll have left-overs for a day or so (GOOD!).

Oh, full liquor license but only tequila, beer and wine on offer. Their confined space probably precludes other offerings.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Our family of four ate here. We had to wait about 25 minutes for a table because it was obviously popular. The food was very good and I liked the ambience of the restaurant, it was rustic, the dining area was long and narrow. The Mexican salads were very fresh and excellent, if you have the jalepenos enjoy, however look out as they have a real kick and afterburn, this is authentic Mexican! The only issue was our server, whislt he was very good, he let us know that good service should be recognised by an 18% tip, with the greatest respect he would probably do better not to lecture the customer quite as much. I would however not let this keep you away, it's great food and it may have been a one off.

Been to Miguel's Baja Grill? Share your experiences!