“Great family place!”

Zax Restaurant & Watering Hole
Ranked #17 of 83 Restaurants in Moab
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Pawcatuck, Ct USA
“Great family place!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I noticed how much the families were enjoying themselves, pizza and kids great. Our dinner was good, but you should eat inside the road noise can interfere with your conversation.

Visited July 2014

“3 Meals !!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Great food. Superb service by Gary. Ate at a few other places in town but kept coming back to Zax's for 3 meals in 3 days. Able to sit outside even in July heat with the misters. Also good value for the money.

Milford
“Nice way or spend an evening”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were staying overnight and needed a place to eat. The hotel suggested this place since it was close. We had the pizza and salad buffet. The pizza is baked in the oven right behind the buffet line and I appreciated the different kinds of pizza on the line. The veggie pizzas were my favorite. The salad bar had a good variety of items for the salad and I also like the choices of lettuce. Fun place for our evening out, I would recommend this place for people traveling.

• Visited July 2014
Herriman, Utah
“Good”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I think Zax's was good but a little pricey. Instead of getting the "all you can eat pizza & salad buffett" I would suggest just getting a meal. You can never eat as much as you pay for in pizza & salad and you'll probably be more satisfied with your own meal. However, the pizza was good and the atmosphere was too. Our waitress was wonderful, so I would recommend this place and probably eat there again too.

Visited July 2014
Camarillo, California
“Nice atmosphere, good food!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I were recommended to Zax by one of the staff working at Dead Horse State Park, and she was right on. The place itself is adorable! The atmosphere is chill, and the people were friendly. We chose to sit outside on the patio, which had misters, which was great in the July heat. I ordered a chicken salad and my husband a reuben sandwich... with fried pickles. We both had to have a slice of freshly made pizza, and my husband had the salad bar. My salad was on point, just what I needed! Large, full of fresh vegetable, and the chicken was great. My husbands sandwich was EXCELLENT!! And yes, I nibbled away most of his fried pickles! The pizza was good, when you order by the slice, you can have a slice of whatever is available on the pizza/salad bar. And they had many choices to choose from. The salad bar was fresh and had good items to choose from. Our server was very friendly and attentive, and so was the rest of the staff. Definitely a good recommendation. When and if we ever go back to Moab, we will definitely go there again!

• Visited July 2014