“Biggest hit of the trip”

MH Cowboy - Day Tours
Ranked #43 of 99 Outdoor Activities in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: Not just a trail ride, but a unique horseback experience with personal attention, traditional cowboy guide, well-trained horses, close to town. Ever wanted to learn to rope? We can get you started. MH Cowboy wants you to take away from your experience a memorable and informative horseback ride. We offer our customers many ride options by including a one hour, two hour and three hour ride, other options are only limited by our customers. Generally, we are closed on Sundays. Open year round.
Denver, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Biggest hit of the trip”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

In planning a last minute trip, I wanted my kids to experience something they would all enjoy. Heidi was gracious in accommodating us. My 8 year old is a horse lover so she was tickled pink. It had been a few years since the older kids had gone horseback riding. Matt made the trip a true experience for them and upon the return reported this was the best horseback riding trip ever. Very personalized and they never felt as if it was a routine. Would recommend MH Cowboy for anyone visiting Moab!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank LeslieA91

Nijlen, Belgium
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Excellent trail ride”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

When you're in Moab, you can have a trail-ride at a number of companies, you can also have THE trail-ride at MH Cowboy.
MH offers a real custom ride adapted to your level and guides you through the trails to place where you never would come. During our last holiday in the US we really enjoyed our sunset ride. Even our son got back the spirit for horse back riding !
A great "thank you" to Matt and Heidi for this marvellous experience

Grts from Belgium: Peter, Karine, Hendrik and Anne

1 Thank Reunis
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best Trail Ride”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

When we travel my family and I often go on trail rides because it gives us another way to see the country around us so we have gone on quite a few rides. My husband and I rode with MH Cowboy today and it is the best ride I can remember going on. Our guides were one of the owners and his daughter. When he gave directions for controlling the horse he actually gave us a chance to practice before hitting the trail. We rode for a couple of hours with a stop to see some petroglyphs. He was personable and easy to talk to as he kept an eye out to make sure everyone was comfortable. Best of all this outfit keeps groups at 6 or less and we had a beautiful evening ride with only 2 of us. A great find! We will absolutely be back next time we are in Moab.

2 Thank TNSorin
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Gold Standard”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Enjoyed a morning trail ride with Matt who provided an authentic and educational trail ride in surprisingly diverse terrain along cliff side petroglyphs, washes and upland desert a mere 15 minutes south of Moab. This ride was essentially a private trip with my 11-yr old daughter and me and our guide, Matt had a very calm way of helping my daughter "guide" the horse. Matt provided excellent horsemanship tips along the way and informative snippets of local history and lore. This is not your long train of over-the-hill horses where you stay in line. This was an excellent horse trail trip, on trained buy spirited horses and by far the best horse trail ride I've every been on. MH Cowboy is small family business and has set the new Gold Standard on how to present an authentic trail ride.

2 Thank Ron L
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thank you from a wanta-be a Cowgirl”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Dear Matt and Heidi . . . and of course dear horse Jake, Thanks so very much for a great riding experience. As a "beginner" I much appreciated the information and instruction we received over the 2 hours we shared together, as well as the opportunity to ramble through the beauty of the red rocks at sunset. A magical opportunity to imagine a "kindler, gentler time" when getting where you were going was a "relationship" . . . Continued success to you and your Equidae family. Do hope to visit with you again into the future. AND thank you as well for the great recommendation to ZAK's for supper. What a fun "watering hole" and super Pizza!

2 Thank Katerina80209