“A Memorable Day”

Philadelphia,Pa, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Memorable Day”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I am an avid photographer and before traveling to Moab, Utah I researched local photographers who might be available for photography tours of the area. I found Bret Edge's website and knew from seeing his work that he was the rare combination of artist and photographer. His aesthetic is both original and technically sound which was meaningful to me.

Bret's tour was wonderful because he took me to locations that were off the beaten path, which
allowed me to photograph exquisite scenery that does not look like the usual 'tourist shots'.
Bret is also a good and patient teacher who was willing to climb on the top of Mesa Arch for
a memorable shot.

I would highly recommend Bret's tour to photographers (at any level of expertise) or to people
interested in the "insiders Moab".

1 Thank Scottiex2

Lake Oswego, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful Gallery, excellent guide”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We spent an entire day with Brett visiting and photographing some iconic and not so iconic locations around Moab. We received excellent advice and direction from Brett. His personality and expertise made for a hi worthwhile and productive day of photography. Highly recommended. His gallery is lovely featuring wonderful images by this talented photographer.

Haddonfield, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The Best in the SouthWest”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

When visiting Moab and stopping in to Bret Edge's gallery, we had the pleasure of seeing his work up close and talking with the artist in person. Bret has some of the best work of the local area with many unique perspectives that leave you thinking "I was there and I didn't see that!" Bret is down to earth and is happy to talk to you and give you advice. Next time we are in Moab, we'll be sure to stop in again and take advantage of what Bret has to offer and you should too!

Visited May 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Life impacting photographic experience!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

While cruising (walking) the main street of Moab we noticed a gallery event and looked in the window and were instantly attracted to the images. They were of a style and genre I'd like to do; clean, realistic and beautiful yet not IMHO over-saturated and over post-processed like too many of the images we see today. We met Bret and Melissa and learned that he guides too so we booked a day with him. My goals were to: 1) have a fun day, 2) learn to shoot better, and 3) be taken to some iconic spots. Well we got those and more! He fine-tuned and encouraged new areas of growth, answered all my questions, was gracious and confidence building, and covered a wide range of photographic topics. I understood most of the technique aspects of shooting but the composition component had been more allusive for me. Bret helped by giving me stepping stones and tools for composition. I'd set up a shot then he'd critique the viewfinder and that direct one-on-one was invaluable (histogram baby!). He also was a wealth of advice of equipment, post-processing techniques, printing, etc. Hiring him was an efficient way to see and photograph a new area. Best of all, he is a good guy and easy with which to get along, we really clicked. Bret was one of our Utah highlights and we feel our day with him was a bargain and I'm confident you will too.

Visited March 2012
Columbus
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bret Edge Photo Tour in Moab”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I took a day photo tour with Bret Edge based in Moab, UT, in late October. I've been to Moab about a half dozen times exploring and photographing the area. Bret got us out to places I had no idea you could access. The locations were stunning and Bret was willing to provide any suggestions we might have on composition, exposure, etc. We did a sunrise and sunset shoot. Bret was more than willing to adjust the tour to fit our interests and make sure we visited places we had not been before. Very flexible.

Bret is an easygoing person with a great sense of humor which always helps on a tour. I would certainly recommend booking a tour or workshop with Bret. I'm an experienced photographer and got a great deal out of the trip and greatly enjoyed Bret's company.

If you're in Moab, make sure you stop by the Edge Gallery and check out Bret's stunning work.