“This explains everything” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cabo Grill - CLOSED

Cabo Grill
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Southwestern, Grill
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: NEW OWNERSHIP!! NEW MENU!!
Isle of Man
“This explains everything”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I went to the Cabo grill in September and like a few of the posts I found the place to be absolutely awful. At the time I resisted making commenting as the server seemed a pleasant enough guy and was trying his best but you could tell something was wrong.
I didn't post because I thought that it would only drag them into closure that bit faster.
What does surprise me is the positive posts that I have read which totally indicate the opposite and of course this is the trouble with Trip Advisor, sometimes the posts are a load of complete junk but there is enough of them to convince you that the reviews are giving a true picture.
In this case the positive posts were being made probably in a desperate bid gain to custom. To those of you who made the posts you should have encouraged your friends at the restaurant to improve the service rather than trying to con people in to wasting their money. To those of you at Trip Advisor you should take note of those making the ridiculous claims of excellent service and block them from using your site in the future, they are not doing you any favours.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ballaskyr

Moab, UT
“End of the road”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Cabo Grill is out of business. The Cabo sign has been replaced by a For Lease sign and the phone has been disconnected. I guess the new owners were unable to overcome all the bad reputation it got the first year it was open. I filled the overall rating field as it is a required section, but I never ate there. This is not a review, just information.

Visited November 2013
Lakewood, California
“Gem in Moab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Visited this place based on Trip Advisor reviews. Was here during middle of week for dinner & wondering how good it would be with just a couple of customers present. Well the service was great with explanations of the dinner & alcohol selections. Btw, this place has the best deal on 6%+ beer in Moab! We had the fish tacos & quesidillas which were fresh & tasty. Will definitely go again.

• Visited September 2013
Hamburg, Germany
“Stay away!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We just went there and are very disappointed. We waited 20 minutes for the cokes. We didn't get a refill even we were asked if we want one. It took about 40 minutes to get the food. It was cold, no flavor, no spices, nothing. It was very nasty, dirty and also extremly cold in there. Never again!

Pittston
“Best Meal and Alcohol Deal in Moab!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have visited Moab three times in the past two years, and I try to visit different restaurants each night. From what I have been told, this restaurant has new owners. Believe me when I say that I have visited almost all of the restaurants in the center of the city, but I have never been truly happy with any of them. This all changed with my visit this week to Cabo Grill. It is located a couple blocks out of the center of the city, but it is still an easy walk from many of the Moab motels. If you want to drive, they have an ample parking lot, unlike all of the restaurants in the center of Moab, where parking is always a hassle. My first pleasant surprise was the rather large selection of $3 beer (see pic I have attached). The same beer on this menu sells for $6-$10+ in every other restaurant I have visited in Moab. The excellent prices do not stop here. You will be hard pressed to find many menu items or entrees that exceed $10. My waiter recommended the fish taco, but the thought of fish on a taco has always been unappetizing to me. However, he explained to me that their fish is brought in fresh (almost) every single day, and all of their menu items and ingredients are prepared fresh and from scratch, every single day. The salsa was obviously freshly prepared, and the mango salsa was incredible. I ended up ordering a chicken fajita and a fish taco. The fajita was packed with huge slices of fresh grilled chicken, as well as grilled peppers and onion. It was so over filled with chicken that I had to eat much of it with a fork before I was able to close the shell and eat the fajita by hand. As described, the fish taco was awesome. I believe the fish was cod, and it was fresh, light, tender and perfectly seasoned. The best part about my experience, was that my dog was able to join me on the outside patio. He was brought a bowl of water, without me asking, and when I was trying to figure out what I could get him to eat, the waiter offered to make up a special plate of food for him for $5! It was all dog friendly food (no onions, etc.), and this made me (and the dog) very happy campers! As much as I like to try different restaurants and experience a variety of food, I have found my new go-to restaurant in Moab. I am not a huge drinker, but the alcohol prices alone should sway you to try the new (owners of) Cabo Grill. As I have already stated, the food was freshly made and out of this world, the service was attentive, enthusiastic, and friendly, and the prices were extremely inexpensive. Unfortunately, I live in PA, so my visits to this restaurant will obviously be limited. Please give this place a try. I promise that you will not be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013