River Canyon Lodge Inn and Suites
$180
$232
$215
$170
Quality Inn Moab Slickrock Area(Moab)(Great Value!)
$159
Official Hotel
Inca Inn(Moab)(Great Value!)
$140
Official Site
All reviewstwo bedroom suitethe main streetin townwithin walking distancepancake haushot tubmicrowave and fridgebed was comfortablecoffee makershops and restaurantsclean roomsstayed here for nightsclose to arches national parkconvenient locationafter a long daydowntown moablobby
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Hotel was in a great location for cycling in Moab and for enjoying the town in the evening (we found Moab to be a fantastic town) and was really reasonably priced compared (80 dollars) to other lodgings in Moab, As we weren't in our room much we didn't need much, and the room met what we needed with no frills. The room was a fair size and the bed was comfortable and allowed us to sleep well. The shower was not as hot as I like (but I think that might have just been me not working the shower properly!). The light in the room was a bit stark so not the most romantic setting!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmFloB
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We've stayed at River Canyon Lodge several times, most recently for two nights before and after a bike trip that happened to coincide with Jeep Week in Moab. The hotel itself is nice: very clean, friendly staff and the pool and hot tub are really appealing. Also, the hotel is in a quieter location than most in Moab, as it is off the main street and does not get a lot of road noise. You also receive a $5 coupon for the Pancake Haus which is awesome.

However, this hotel does seem to attract a party crowd: on both nights that we stayed during Jeep Week, we were woken up after midnight by drunken partiers screaming and running in the halls, bumping into our room door, etc. This would last for a few minutes and then stop (before it was worth calling the front desk), but as a very tired family returning from a long bike trip, it was unpleasant. This may just be the reality of Jeep Week in Moab, but I wouldn't recommend this hotel during high season.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at River Canyon Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you for your comments. Jeep Safari is an annual special event in Moab. Other time of year, our hotel is fairly quiet.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

After camping a few days my wife wanted to spend the night in a hotel. and our favorite ones were sold out so she made a reservation here. I arrived at the hotel at 1:15 or so from a bike ride with my helmet and gloves still on! I was told rather abruptly that check-in wasn't until 3:00 and the fellow didn't even check to see if a room might have been available. For $150 bucks a night for a standard room with two beds, I expected a lot more. So after I called my wife after my first rejection, I decided to check in anyway so as to avoid the perceived 3:00 rush. I spoke with a nicer lady who checked the computer and said, indeed, a room was ready and I could get it right away.

The room was clean but didn't pass my own test: If you pay over $100 per night, you shouldn't have plastic cups wrapped in plastic. There was no coffee maker in the room either, and no breakfast service, even though the web site said there was. I witnesses another customer VERY upset with this and they did nothing to fix it for him.

I get the feeling the owner is trying to squeeze every dollar possible out of the place without providing any value for what you are paying. We would have gotten a lot more value camping one more night! This was our first and last stay.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at River Canyon Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you did not have a good stay with us. We strive to offer good value with our prime downtown location. We do not advertise we have free breakfast, so please let us know if there is an error with 3rd party website that may have the error.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was a last minute booking due to a flight cancellation. The room was very reasonably priced and clean. It is close to town which makes it very convenient for dining and shopping. If you are looking for a decent, inexpensive hotel to spend the night while you spend most of the day outdoors this is a very good option. If you plan to lounge in the hotel and relax for a couple of days in the hotel you may need something quieter and nicer.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nm323
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night as part of a 10 day mini Utah Canyon trip, to have a taster of the Moab Canyon. Paid $70 per night. Overall, our stay here was ok and adequate for a one night stay. The place was nothing special but I wasn't expecting anything special. One thing I was unhappy about is that when we arrived after a long drive from Capitol Reef, the reception was empty and there was no one to be seen. We must have waited for 20-30 mins before someone showed up - not a pleasant experience especially when you're dead tired. Other than that, this place has all you need for a short stay - decent sized rooms, comfortable beds and pillows, plenty of hot water, and location that is quite central (provided you have a car).

Happy to recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at River Canyon Lodge Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience. Sometimes our front desk staff has to step away to assist other guests. However, it should not have caused a 20 minute wait. We are very sorry and will share your experience with the desk staff to improve our guest service.