“This hotel does not accept travellers cheques”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“This hotel does not accept travellers cheques”
Reviewed September 11, 2010

The hotel location is great, just outside Moab. The rooms are perfect as is the rest of the hotel. Service is patchy and much to my annoyance we could not use travellers cheques ( every other shop in Moab does!!!).

One suggestion, develop some outside space for summer use as there is nothing outside of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank AJO_UK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Colorado
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We stayed here on our way back home from the Grand Canyon. The hotel was very nice, clean and comfortable. The Beds were heavenly and the linens were of a nice quality. The breakfast bar in the morning was pretty good, the hostess could have been a little more attentive and refilled the bar. I had to go and get her from behind the front desk where she was chatting from the front desk clerk. That would be the only down side to our stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Wayne, NJ
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I was travelingb with my two step kids (a boy and girl) and was surprised when the suite I reserved turned out to be only one large room. Granted, it had a fridge and microwave, but I've gotten that before in a simple room at other hotels. In order to give my step-daughter her privacy I ended up getting my own room. The kept the price at $150 for each "suite", but still twice what I had hoped to pay. We had stayed at a couple of Embassy Suites where I shared the bedroom with my step-son and my step-daughter had the pull out couch, and her privacy, for around $125. And Embassy offers a cook to order breakfast and free drinks at night. Again, not qa bad place, but not what I expected.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I went to Moab with my dad's side of the family for a short vacation. The hotel staff was very nice and was very clean. The continental breakfast was great except for the eggs, but that could have been just that weekend. I felt the price of the hotel was high but I have never been there before so I didn't have anything to compare really. The biggest complaint for me is the pool, it is in a terrible location for the hotel. It seems like it was an addition or an after thought. There is no shade at the pool and very little seating.
The distance from the hotel to the action was more than a mile, so if you don't have a car it is alot of walking. The nightlife down there is awesome! The food there was delicious but only at certain places.
My favorite was Pasta Jay's and Moab Brewery.
The worst was Zax Restaurant, the food and service was horrible. The other restaurant was La Hacienda, the food there was very delicious, it was the service that ruined it. I had my whole family there from 3 year olds to 50 year olds, the total of the bill was $93.73, when we got up to the register to pay the girl at the register said the total was $110.89, when i pointed to the hand written check that the server gave us and I know she added it up right because I double checked her math. When I pointed to the total on the check the girl at the register said " Sometimes the server just guess on the total"
All in all, the trip was great and I would come back and I would stay at the Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Munster, Indiana
Reviewed August 9, 2010

This hotel was "Stop 2" on my family's drive out west adventure. The facility is very clean, the staff are very friendly and laid back and it's in a wonderful location as it's less than 3 minutes from Arches National Park... a MUST SEE if your going through the Moab Area. It is about 7 minutes from downtown Moab with no sidewalks but as long as you keep that in mind... that's not a bad thing as it means peace and quiet. I slept very good here (though the room was warm... see below) and the breakfast was fantastic. The pool area is small but very nice and heated. The hot tub was very hot and pleasant.

It's amazing what happens when you have people doing breakfast stock that know what they are doing!

The only problem I had with the place was my air conditioner. It just plain sucks. I mean it, my room never got cooler than 74 and I usually sleep in a room around 68. That's just not plain acceptable when your paying nearly $150 a night for this place and the front desk acknowledged they are having some serious problems with their a.c. units this year. They said they were "working on it" but offered no specific remedies for the problem other than to "set it warmer" so that it doesn't "freeze up and shut off".

As silly as this sounds... I wouldn't stay here again until that A.C. situation is fixed as when you have 4 people in a small room... a poor a.c. can get things uncomfortable in a hurry. If this isn't an issue for you... than everything else is great!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Norfolk, VA
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We stayed three days at this hotel in Moab. It was spotlesssly clean and well managed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the second floor with a huge window that was light and one that we could open at night to let in fresh air. It is near the end of town and it was very quiet and peaceful. We enjoyed our stay tremendously and hope to go back again one day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that would like a quiet, comfortable and friendly hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We stayed a night here as we traveled with our large family mainly because they had suites that would accommodate larger numbers. We arrived to sticky juice surfaces, gum stuck on the sofa, a leaky sink, and a bathroom door with a broken lock. It was not very clean. The kitchenette barely passed as a wet bar. The beds were comfortable and it had a nice large TV. It was by far the most expensive room we stayed in on our trip and the worst! To top it off we came home to a fraud alert call from our credit card company. This was the only place we used that card on our entire trip! Not a fan!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family