“Insanely Awesome in Every Way”

Skydive Canyonlands
Skydive over the Canyonlands in Moab
Ranked #36 of 65 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Skydive Canyonlands is under NEW ownership as of April 1, 2017. Learning to skydive in Moab is a uniquely thrilling experience allowing anyone in reasonably good health the opportunity to momentarily “escape the surly bonds of earth.” And skydiving over Moab, Utah's spectacular canyonlands is as good as it gets! Skydive Canyonlands specializes in first-time tandem jumping, which is the easiest, fastest, cheapest and SAFEST way to make your first skydive. After 20 minutes of training, you will be securely attached to one our experienced instructors and ready to go. From as high as 16,500' (that's almost 3 miles high!), the view is just as breathtaking as the jump. You'll see Castleton Tower, Monitor & Merrimac, the beautiful red rocks of Arches National Park, and more. You'll fall at a 120 MPH for up to 45 seconds depending on the height that you choose. Skydive Canyonlands offers a 16,500' skydive with oxygen, a 14,500' skydive and a 11,500' skydive. Then enjoy a peaceful 5-7 minute parachute ride back to earth.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I went with a friend who had skydived before, it was my first time, Paul the owner is great, fun, lightened the mood and kept me calm the whole time, it was so great, we skydived with Paul in Lake Powell the next week (also AMAZING). My buddy was strapped too Ben, Mohawk, Fun, Professional, also awesome.
The whole thing start with some info vids, and signing over your life, standard in Moab activities...get strapped in, great flight up into the sky.. then the door opens, and the rest is probably one of the greatest experiences you will ever have in your life.
The free-fall is euphoric, and the gliding is heavenly... just do it!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was told we would've been jumping from 10,000 feet for what I payed for. Unfortunately I saw my instructors altimeter and it read between 7,000 to 8,000. I felt very cheated and like I had wasted my money because we didn't go all the way to 10,000. Great jump with my instructor but got ripped off:/

3  Thank Bitterp
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Don't let Paul's first impression fool you. He's a huge softy. Jumped today with my girlfriends. I was scared s$&tless and Paul read me like a book. Made sure we were with instructors that fit our degree of nervousness. I jumped with David, and he was very methodical and calming. Skydiving over Moab is once in a lifetime experience and these are the guys to do it with. Bring your dog and something for the BBQ!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

A bucket-list item.... check! I jumped with Paul (the owner), and my girlfriend jumped with Mark (a staff member). We loved experiencing the light-heartedness/fun personalities that you would expect from folks that jump out of airplanes for a living. We also respected the clear instruction and seriousness taken with regards to our safety throughout the entire experience. I would definitely do this again with this company (regardless of which instructor I jump with). Thank you Skydive Canyonlands!!!

1  Thank jhill2277
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was my first dive. It was amazing. Better than I imagined. We did the Groupon discount thing.

Paul the owner could tell we were nervous and was cracking jokes the whole time. Of course many of the jokes were pretty much making fun of the fact that everyone was scared. It loosened us all up, and got us laughing along with him. My dive buddy was Ben. He has bleached white mohawk hair. Way fun. He was a total pro, and handled everything with perfection, while being fun and excited about the experience along with me. Their plane is pretty junky, but it did the job. We got the picture package, and it was worth the money.