“Had a great time”

Skydive over the Canyonlands in Moab
Ranked #35 of 62 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Skydive Canyonlands is under NEW ownership as of April 1, 2017. Learning to skydive in Moab is a uniquely thrilling experience allowing anyone in reasonably good health the opportunity to momentarily “escape the surly bonds of earth.” And skydiving over Moab, Utah's spectacular canyonlands is as good as it gets! Skydive Canyonlands specializes in first-time tandem jumping, which is the easiest, fastest, cheapest and SAFEST way to make your first skydive. After 20 minutes of training, you will be securely attached to one our experienced instructors and ready to go. From as high as 16,500' (that's almost 3 miles high!), the view is just as breathtaking as the jump. You'll see Castleton Tower, Monitor & Merrimac, the beautiful red rocks of Arches National Park, and more. You'll fall at a 120 MPH for up to 45 seconds depending on the height that you choose. Skydive Canyonlands offers a 16,500' skydive with oxygen, a 14,500' skydive and a 11,500' skydive. Then enjoy a peaceful 5-7 minute parachute ride back to earth.
Utah
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Had a great time”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was my first dive. It was amazing. Better than I imagined. We did the Groupon discount thing.

Paul the owner could tell we were nervous and was cracking jokes the whole time. Of course many of the jokes were pretty much making fun of the fact that everyone was scared. It loosened us all up, and got us laughing along with him. My dive buddy was Ben. He has bleached white mohawk hair. Way fun. He was a total pro, and handled everything with perfection, while being fun and excited about the experience along with me. Their plane is pretty junky, but it did the job. We got the picture package, and it was worth the money.

Visited April 2013

Huntsville, Utah, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Jump”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Jumped today, for the second time in my life, with Skydive Canyonlands. The entire crew was great, friendly and professional. The day was beautiful and the scenery around Moab at low altitude is something to behold. My instructor, Ben, took good care of me. In spite of having to reschedule other jumpers from the day before they still got us in, if a bit late. A few notes if you're thinking about doing this... First, plan for the weather. It was cold today and climbing out of the plane at 14K feet felt like the reverse of sticking my face in a blast furnace. Second, they use an older Cessna 210 which looks like crap but runs great. There's a good chance you'll be squeezing onto the cabin floor with three other adults (The pilot gets a seat). You're either between your instructors legs or sitting on his lap facing backwards for the flight. Being limber is very helpful for getting out the door. Third, jumping out of a plane (in spite of what you might think) is a lot easier than jumping off of something tall. You follow instructions and you get a world class view that relatively few others experience and a soft touch down at the end. For most, it's a once in a lifetime experience. I was lucky enough to do it twice.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Don K
Moab, Utah, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Paul and Carlos rocked my world;)”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I live in Moab, work in Moab, and I know Paul & Carlos from my place of employment. Outside of work these guys are awesome individuals to begin with. As my friend and I arrived at the airport, there was Carlos greeting us.. All business when they are on the clock. I felt their passion for this 'hobby' of theirs.. Both guys took their time to ensure we knew what to do and when to do it. I liked that. Getting suited up the guys took their time and I seen that this is more to them than a paycheck.

If your coming here on vacation to experience Moab this is something I highly suggest you think about taking that risk. We flew above the exquisite view of this majestic land.. Yeah I was nervous.. As the door opened and the wind gusted in it all set in as my friend and Paul jump into the clouds... Carlos was my instructor and you know he has skills cause if you observe, you'll get an inner sense of security that he'll see you through it. #comforting when your jumping out of a plane of what you perceive to be the unknown.. We free fall. The adrenaline was better than ANYTHING I"VE EVER ENCOUNTERED. We pull the parachute.. There I am floating aloft with Carlos.. The inner feeling of conquering fear is unexplainable to words. Pure silence. Peace. Freedom. This to me is more than just Skydiving.. I had a Spiritual experience out there. And received a gift that will never allow my life to be the same.

Go have an experience. Skydive Canyonlands is the most rational choice all the way around. I will do it again, and again, and again. I can't thank these guys enough. Paul & Carlos yes, you rocked my world.. And left me wanting to keep coming back for more. Just saying..

Visited November 2012
1 Thank missmariam
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“How hard is it to fall?”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Paul, Carlos, Cody, and their pilot (I forgot his name) were great! My wife, daughters, and I met Paul first. He was joking with us all the way to the hangar and he could tell our daughters needed a little discipline. We met Carlos and Cody who were friendly and enjoyed our crazy girls. After suiting up, Carlos had me practice some of the jumping procedures so I had an idea of what I needed to do to make this an enjoyable jump for all involved. On the way up we took some time to enjoy the beautiful landscape, made some final preparations, and practiced "my job." I could tell that Carlos was interested in our safety. My family watched from the hangar as I parachuted in, landing softly on my butt. This was a highly enjoyable experience! These guys know what they are doing and know how to keep you safe!

I'm not sure what Paul did while I was up in the air, but when I came back down my girls were very well behaved. ;)

Visited November 2012
1 Thank kickbuttJ
Provo, Utah
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“What a Dive”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The skydiving itself was top notch. You can't ask for a more beautiful place to fly over and parachute down into. The plane was kind of small and rickety, so it was a relief to jump out of it. The instructors were pretty crass. They were nice enough, but they were constantly swearing and making off color comments. I went with a group of friends using groupons. There had been a scheduling error so they weren't planning on us, but they accommodated us anyway.

Visited May 2012