“"Motel" in beautiful natural setting”
Review of Red Cliffs Lodge

Red Cliffs Lodge
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Moab
socal
“"Motel" in beautiful natural setting”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I chose this property while traveling last summer as it was more of a luxury accommodation that advertised to be 'dog friendly'.

Its about a 15 minute drive outside of Moab and the setting is absolutely beautiful along a river with high red cliffs in the backdrop.

This is a sprawling ranch property set up like a motel where you drive up to your individual room (all single story). I had a pet friendly room near the main building that houses the reception/restaurant and museum which was convenient.

This is a very quiet place but it does have a wine tasting room closer to the main road which draws in non overnight guests. There is also a horse stable.

Upon arrival I was asked to sign some forms that indicated my dog could not be in the common areas, my dog could not be left in the room nor could my dog be left in the car (or animal control would come and take the dog and I would incur a fine). My dog was to stay in dog designated areas and was not allowed to be off leash in ANY area. My dog could not swim in the river either.

When I questioned some of these rules, the manager said oh no, its okay if you leave your dog on the patio of your room...yet the form I was signing said to the contrary.

I was paying extra and staying way out of my way for my dog friendly room yet she had no freedoms whatsoever.

I would say this property is Dog Tolerable -- not dog friendly.

As for the room -- nice spacious bath with tub/shower combo, small kitchenette, indoor seating area and sofa, outside patio with seating for four overlooking river. Decor is southwestern with tile paver floors. Closet was an incredibly small amoire that would not have accommodated a weekends worth of clothes for one person.

Food in Restaurant is quite good.

There is a pool/jacuzzi area and a gym and a nice large pay laundry facility.

There is a small clean playground for children.

Things to enjoy:

Restaurant with the large outdoor dining deck.

Great Margaritas.

Wine Tasting room/gift shop.

Charming Western Museum.

Local sights near and around Moab.

Note:

This property has almost no cell service and intermittent internet.

Room Tip: Ask for an end unit that way you share a wall with only one other guest.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank travelwriterwannab
Rhonda G, Public Relations Manager at Red Cliffs Lodge, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear TravelWriter,
We consider ourselves very “pet friendly” and have this standard pet policy to protect the pets as well as the other guests staying with us.

Best Wishes,
R. Graham (Online Rep - Red Cliffs Lodge)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (729)
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We arrived last night to this beautiful lodge in Moab. To be honest, my idea of a vacation is laying by a pool but this part of our spring break was my husband's idea- he loves adventure on a mountain bike. This adorable lodge has stolen my heart. The grounds are gorgeous. There is a little swing set and tether ball court for the kids to play on. There is a tennis court, a pool (which is closed bc of the season) and a hot tub. We stopped up at the winery for a tasting last night and that was fun! This morning the boys are off to mountain bike and I am taking my eight year old daughter horseback riding. This is the perfect spot to enjoy God's country. Rooms are clean and very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank betsyg9499
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I broke my arm the evening before we were leaving on vacation and was allowed to travel but absolutely no hiking so we needed to change plans. When I called they were very kind. I can't wait until we get to stay here!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Rhonda G, Public Relations Manager at Red Cliffs Lodge, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Tripper4141, Our area is beautiful and we are privileged to be able to offer this scenic location for our guests. We hope to see you soon! Warm Regards, Rhonda Graham - Online Rep - Red Cliffs Lodge
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Our first stay here was in a cabin, but this time the cabins weren't open yet for the season so we stayed in a queen room (has 2 queen beds and very spacious). There are so many positives to say about this Lodge - the setting is stunning, the staff is helpful and friendly, the rooms all have a very useful kitchenette and outdoor deck, the rooms are clean, the location is near awesome hiking trails, there's a wonderful restaurant on site, the property is very well maintained - and we love staying here. The first night of our 3-night-stay was the night the restaurant opened for dinner (beginning of the season); and even though there was a massive power outage, they served us dinner with battery-powered-lanterns (no icky smelling kerosene)! How they were able to cook and serve w/o electricity was a testament to their desire to serve their clients, and the entire staff went out of their way to assist with our other needs until the power company was able to restore power. This place is so near perfect - they only need to get some new towels (ours were pretty old and threadbare) and install some brighter lightbulbs in the rooms. It would also help to paint the walls a lighter color!

1 Thank Karmalita
Karmalita, What a wonderful review, we appreciate your thoughtfulness and kind words. We hope that you will be back to see us. We will always do our level best to meet and exceed your expectations.

We take our customers comfort and feedback very seriously and strive to improve based upon comments that we receive. We hope to see you again! Warm Regards, Rhonda Graham - Online Rep - Red Cliffs Lodge
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We did NOT stay here; but DID visit twice. I'm writing this review in case others wonder like I did whether an option outside of the Main Street of activities is the better choice or to find a location to stay that's within walking distance of many restaurants, shops etc.

The lodge is beautiful, the grounds, the dining area, the location, the outside dining/viewing...everything. We did not have a chance to see the rooms. I trust from everything I saw outside that they would be delightful. I can't imagine you could go wrong staying here if you want to peace and quiet away from the concentration of activities.

In the end, I wanted close proximity to the craziness, so we choose a Main Street location. So from what I did experience and what I could surmise having travelled extensively, I solidly could give it 4 stars.

Room Tip: The manner in which their accomodations line the curvature of the Colorado River, I can only surmise...
2 Thank Oracle6115
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Not only was our stay wonderful but James, Devon, and Nicole who ran the horse corral for Red Cliff Lodge were amazing. My children made their daily trip to see the horses and learn all about shoeing them. James is an expert at that!! We will definitely return next summer.

• Stayed March 2014
Kyrst1, We really appreciate your kind comments, If you have not already done so, please consider signing up for our monthly newsletter on our website. The sign up box is right below the left hand navigation area. We advertise our specials, activities and savings on packages. This might come in handy on future visits. We are always very pleased when our guests have had such a good experience at Red Cliffs Lodge. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Warm Regards,
Rhonda Graham
Online Rep - Red Cliffs Lodge
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed at Red Cliffs lodge for 5 days while visiting Arches and Canyonlands National parks. The views were incredible, the staff was friendly, and there was a light continental breakfast available daily. The room was spacious and it looks like there are a ton of activities on the ranch if you go during the normal season. My only complaint was that the hotel's restaurant is closed in winter - which they did make sure and tell us before we booked. The hotel is about 16 miles away from the middle of town which can be a long way to go for dinner. There were kitchen facilities in our room so that at least offered us an option. Going to the parks in winter was fantastic. Less people on the trails or in the picture you want to take etc. I think if I went back in winter I'd stay at one of the places in town (most were running $50/night). I'd still be willing to pay the extra money and stay at Red Cliffs during peak times because it would be quiet and set away from the crazy tourist seen. If you choose to stay here you will not be disappointed.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple