Red Cliffs Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Aarchway Inn(Moab)(Great Value!)
$230
Hotel Website
The Gonzo Inn(Moab)(Great Value!)
$249
Hampton Inn Moab(Moab)(Great Value!)
$320
$251
Hampton.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Moab(Moab)(Great Value!)
$259
Fairfield Inn
Best Western Plus Canyonlands Inn(Moab)(Great Value!)
$234
$220
$204
HIExpress.com
The Virginian Motel(Moab)(Great Value!)
$129
Travelocity
Moab Valley Inn(Moab)(Great Value!)
$232
$155
Official Hotel
Silver Sage Inn(Moab)(Great Value!)
$130
$120
Travelocity
Big Horn Lodge(Moab)
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,048 results
All reviewsmovie museumthe riverhorseback ridingwine tastingcowboy grillking cabinmovies filmedprivate patiomile driveamazing locationbeautiful drivebeautiful sceneryback porchmoab areajohn waynearches national parkmain building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was very much looking forward to a special stay here, and was particularly excited to enjoy the sunset and sunrise on the private patio. For the most part it was enjoyable and unique. The location is lovely, public areas of the grounds are picturesque and charming, restaurant food was good and wait staff was excellent.

But, for all this lodge promises, I found a lack of attention to the private patio disappointing. The unsightly rust-streaked patio wall looked run-down and just bummed me out! There was no screen on the patio sliding door; I had hoped to fall asleep to the sound of the babbling river, but had to close the door as it's too buggy without a screen. The patio furniture was cheap, mismatched and uncomfortable. Maybe my expectations were just too high, but considering that the "river view patio" is such a selling point for the lodge, I was let down by this aspect of my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite without the rust-streaked patio wall?
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Rhonda G, Public Relations Manager at Red Cliffs Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for pointing out the patio issues. We certainly value your comments and have passed along this information to our maintenance department. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Best Wishes,
R. Graham
Online Representative

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We spent 3 nights in a King mini suite on the river and we were pleasantly surprised at the well maintained accommodations. We had a private porch looking onto the Colorado River and a great view of the surrounding cliffs. We brought our own horses, and boarding was excellent. Trail rides are simply gorgeous. Restaurant is very good, and they offer a nice continental or full breakfast ( for a fee ). Just had a lovely time overall, and would stay there again! ( Also, they have a wonderful film museum, showcasing all the wonderful films shot in the surrounding area .. many of films were John Wayne .. fascinating!! )

Only disappointment was a desk clerk that refused to turn on the television volume in the bar so we could watch the US Presidental Debate .. she was a real pain!

Room Tip: Choose something with a river view and you will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We only had one night at this beautifully located hotel as it was part of a tour. It feels more like a lodge with its cabins spread out over a large area. The room was large and comfortable. At night we looked up to see a star filled sky and in the morning we awoke to a view of the Colorado river flowing past our window and back patio. Everywhere were the high red cliffs surrounding us. Beautiful! The museum located in the main building was very interesting. The service and the food in the restaurant were both good. We would have liked to have been able to stay longer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed for 3 nights. The property is beautiful and well maintained. We stayed in a Queen suite and certainly enjoyed the room.. It was clean and well maintained with a comfortable bed.Staff were attentive and friendly.
I had 2 issues during my stay:
1) We had dinner 1 night . We both had Elk. For $30 per entree,which did not include salad, one would expect a quality meal. We were disappointed. The Elk was tough. My wife's meat was very undercooked. She felt the quality of meat did not warrant sending it back to recook as she wouldn't eat it anyway. Her piece of yam was blacked/overcooked on the surface. She sent it back and in return received this tiny yellow piece of yam. I like the fact that they place a pitcher of water on the table. In a resort restaurant I would expect part of minimal service would be to pour the first glass of water. We would not eat here again.
2) The lodge is deep in a canyon and internet access is painfully slow (not their fault). I needed decent speed to do some work daily and had to go into town.

We would stay there again even with those 2 issues.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir, we do value your comments and they have been sent to our Manager in the Restaurant. Thank you for pointing out all the excellent aspects of our property as well. It is very nice to hear that you would come back again. We look forward to having another opportunity to make your entire experience wonderful.

Kind Regards,
R. Graham
Online Representative

Reviewed October 7, 2012

During our trip to Yellowstone, Glacier and Arches NP in September we stayed at the Red Cliffs Lodge in Moab, Utah. Thanks to the help from Carla (I hope I spelled her name correctly), we were able to get several nights there in a really great room. Be sure to book months in advance. I had read the very positive reports from many travelers who had stayed at the Red Cliffs Lodge. However, sometimes reports on places are either a little over or under stated so I always take them with a “grain of salt”. Trust me; this is not the case with Red Cliffs Lodge. This is a fantastic place to stay if you are anywhere close to Moab or Arches NP! I cannot say enough good things about the Lodge its self, the location, the staff, the winery and all the food (as an example the breakfast buffet was great and reasonably priced)!! Everything and I mean everything was terrific!! The drive into Moab is very beautiful and takes about 20 minutes, unless you stop to take photographs, if you need to go into Moab to shop or eat. We ate in Moab several times; in our opinion eat at the Lodge unless you are already in Moab at meal time. An added plus is the incredible history of the Lodge, be sure to go downstairs and go through the museum. In the future we will bypass many places and drive a long way out of our way just get to and stay at the Red Cliffs Lodge!!

Room Tip: We liked the rooms on the river and they have the best views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple