“Came for 2 days, stayed for 5!”

Cali Cochitta Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 15 Moab B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 6, 2007

I pulled Dave out of the house around 7pm on a cold January night, and got a room on the first floor. Right after that I found myself having a warm conversation with Kim. I felt like a family friend from the moment I met the owners. Dave and Kim are incredible, and the B&B they have created is absolutely great. Lots of people have written great reviews here. All are true. The house feels bright and airy. It feels like it was decorated by a professional -- which is not true. Kim and Dave did it all themselves -- picked the colors, the furniture, and the decorations. Both of them radiate warmth. I felt like a family friend right away. Every morning I got stuck talking to one of them about life instead of getting out. :) Dave is an amazing cook. The breakfasts are to die for. Dave came up with things I have never tasted before, even through I travel extensively every year. The net result -- I felt so welcome that I stayed there for 5 days instead of the initially planned 2.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
29  Thank DimiH

Reviewed January 22, 2007

We booked a place at Cali Cochitta based on its top rating for B&Bs on TripAdvisor, and are happy with did. The place, along with Moab in general, was mostly empty given the fact that we were visiting in January. However, despite the cold weather (6 degrees F at night) during our stay, we were really glad we visited Arches National Park during winter. Not only was the snow a perfect addition to the rock formations, but there were practically no tourists in sight. Imagine seeing all of the park's famous arches with no one else around. Cali Cochitta's hosts were very nice, and prepared super breakfasts. We would highly recommend the place to anyone visiting Moab.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
27  Thank Marc D
CaliCochitta, Owner/Innkeeper at Cali Cochitta Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2007

Thanks for the positive comments. We really appreciate your feedback and we wanted to respond to the microscopic TV Dislike. The TV/VCR unit that was in the room during your stay was a temporary fix due to the previous TV breaking. We had a flat screen TV on order and it is now in the room. All of our rooms do have the large Flat screen TV's.

Reviewed November 27, 2006

My wife and I came to Moab over the Thnxgiving break to view all the acclaimed natural attractions. We decided to book a room here based on the great reviews we read. Well... We can truly say that this place.....was FANTASTIC! Everything! Dave and Kim the owners, make this place stand-out. The town is a cool western-town atmosphere surrounded by the world's most unique and best scenery.
The room we stayed in was comfortable and clean with a nice bed and updated bathroom. It was quiet and overall was a great value. There are gourmet breakfasts made with imagination and obvious love of cooking. No breakfast is a daily repeat. Guests also have a large refrigerator to use while there and also having use of the kitchen area.

Dave, who shares my passion for Notre-Dame football, hehe, gave me awesome SUV Trail suggestions my wife and I followed on one of our days in Canyonlands Nat'l Park that created for us the most adventurous and visually stimulating & memorable day we will ever have, I believe. We drove a Chevy Trailblazer and "tested" it's Trail-Blazing abilities! We had a great stay in Moab!!!
We plan to make Moab's Cali Cochitta B&B our annual family trip! Thanks for everythig Dave and Kim!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
30  Thank Todd_&_Mariel
Reviewed November 9, 2006

We were looking for a quick, close 1 night getaway in August 2006. I had found Cali Cochitta on here and was so impressed with the reviews. I had my hopes set high and we were not disappointed! The house has been lovingly restored and is in a perfect location for walking into town for dinner and general people watching and shopping. We met the owners, Kim and David, as we checked in and immediately knew we were in for a treat. Kim's pride in the inn was evident as she showed us around and truly made us feel at home. Our room was immaculate, comfortable and beautifully furnished. All the rooms are equally lovely as I peaked in before we left so I could do a complete report.

We sat in the lush backyard, relaxing with an adult beverage and simply enjoyed the peace and quiet that enveloped us.

After dinner in town and a stroll, we settled into our oh so comfortable bed for a good night's sleep.

In the morning, the scent of brewing coffee tempted us as we left our room. David had made a sumptuous breakfast for the guests and we ate in the outdoor dining area while discussing our adventures with a diverse group of other guests. David gave us excellent directions on how to get to where we wanted to go and we were off. We enjoyed ourselves so much, we spend an extra night!

This was truly a 5 star inn with hosts that felt like long time friends and made you feel at home in their home. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
32  Thank Debits2000
Reviewed October 26, 2006

We found this by checking out Tripadvisor and reading reviews in travel books. We weren't disappointed. It's a charming B&B two blocks from the main street in town. The room was lovely, albeit a little tiny for the size of the bed in the room. But they've done a wonderful job renovating the house as a B&B. It was quiet and comfortable. The breakfasts were outstanding and I wish I could duplicate those pancakes. Friendly owners as charming as their home. Moab is a great place to explore and this is a good location while exploring. They provide a refrigerator for use by the customers and we could even use the kitchen for a lunch or dinner if desired.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
33  Thank IllinoisTraveller
Reviewed October 14, 2006

This is a delightful B&B just a one block walk from the main street. Kim and David have restored this old house to perfection and the gardens are especially beautiful. We stayed in the Cenca room and would have preferred a slightly larger bathroom. However, everything was spotless and the room size & bed was great. The most outstanding thing about this bed and breakfast was the breakfasts! They go out of their way to provide the most delicious and beautifully presented food. Their personalities add to the surroundings as well - you actually feel very much at home here. We hope to visit again if we're ever in the area.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
34  Thank katie3
Reviewed October 11, 2006

I chose the Cali Cochitta based on reviews I read on this site and I was not disappointed! The house is adorable, with its country chic decor. The backyard has a beautiful garden area with a hot tub, hammock, and benches to relax on/in. We stayed in the Cenca room which I would recommend as it is very private and serene. It has its own bathroom with a shower only but this was just fine for us. If you are looking for a slightly larger bathroom you may want to choose the suite which was across the hall. Soft bathrobes are provided, which is very useful if you intend to use the hot tub in the backyard.

Breakfast was just as amazing as everyone describes on here. The first day we were treated to eggs and ham grilled on biscuit with a delicious dijon sauce on top with a cream cheese and almond fritter as a starter. The second day we had baked french toast topped with blueberries and pecans and a side of sausage. Each day there was fresh juice, tea, coffee, and water provided, as well as fresh fruit.

The location of the Cali Cochitta was perfect, as we could walk to the main street easily. I noticed that many of the other hotels in the area were further up the street or not as accessible.

Kim and Dave were excellent hosts--warm, friendly, and knowledgable about the area. Kim told us when we checked in that she wanted to spoil us and she really did! We will definitely stay here each time we visit Moab.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple