“World Class Rock Climbing Instruction!”

Windgate Adventures
Ranked #21 of 61 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Join Windgate Adventures for Rock Climbing, Canyoneering, Rappelling, Fiery Furnace Hiking or National Park Photography Tours (Arches and Canyonlands). We have trip suited from beginner to advanced, families, friends and groups. We will show you a unique experience that you will be talking about for years.
Anna, Illinois
“World Class Rock Climbing Instruction!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I recently used Windgate Adventures for my climbing trip in Moab. I am an experienced climber and was looking for advanced instruction (multi-pitch efficiency, traditional anchors, SAFETY...). I was very pleased with the company owner and lead guide, Eric. He is extremely passionate about his business and it shows in his work. I have done a lot of guided trips like this for various sports (even in Europe and Central America), and Windgate is the best. We completed several single pitch routes and one two pitch (he guides at least 10 pitch climbs in the local area). However, most of our time was spent under instruction. By the end of our 12 hr day, I was exhausted. My brain could not take any more. Thanks Eric!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fiery Furnace with Eric was absolutely awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

If I could, I would give this adventure 6 stars instead of 5. One of the best times my wife and I have had on a vacation. You can do this trip with the Park Rangers but that won't compete with Eric's tour. Not only is the Fiery Furnace mind blowing with one of a kind scenery, but one of the highlights was getting photographic tips from Eric, tour guide extraordinaire and professional photographer. The Fiery Furnace is a must do when you visit Arches National Part. Make it unforgettable by using Windgate Adventures services.

Visited May 2013
Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome rappelling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family of 4 including two college-age sons spent a little less than a week in Moab doing all sorts of outdoor adventures, starting with the Morning Glory canyoneering/rappelling trip with Windgate. What a way to start our trip! We had rappelled before, but never in canyons and never at such heights! We had a blast! Eric was very knowledgeable and safe and made us very comfortable. The scenery was incredible, we learned alot from Eric about the environment while hiking to and from the canyon, and the rappelling was so much fun! First we rappelled down a canyon into a little pool of water, and then we rappelled by the Morning Glory Arch, which was so cool!! When we look at pictures we still can't believe we did it. It was a very unique and fun experience, and Eric was the best!! Highly recommend this adventure with Windgate!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The trip was wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

we had a great adventure. We did a canyoneering trip and enjoyed every minute. Eric was very safe, great with a my daughter and knowledgeable of the geology and weather. I know a little about climbing and ropes and everything he did was absolutely safe..

Frederick, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Rock Climb & Canyoneering Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I spent a week in Moab, UT, and we really packed in the adventure. We spent our last day with Eric doing the Morning Glory Canyoneering trip; followed by an afternoon of rock climbing. This was our first time doing both and now we are hooked. Eric is passionate and enthusiastic in his approach which eases any fear of heights you may have and builds automatic trust in his capabilities to safely guide you through your adventure. It was a great way to wrap up our last day and we loved every moment of it. We can't stop thinking or talking about it! Thank you Eric...You ROCK!!!!