“Awesome rappelling”

Windgate Adventures
Ranked #22 of 62 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Join Windgate Adventures for Rock Climbing, Canyoneering, Rappelling, Fiery Furnace Hiking or National Park Photography Tours (Arches and Canyonlands). We have trip suited from beginner to advanced, families, friends and groups. We will show you a unique experience that you will be talking about for years.
Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome rappelling”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family of 4 including two college-age sons spent a little less than a week in Moab doing all sorts of outdoor adventures, starting with the Morning Glory canyoneering/rappelling trip with Windgate. What a way to start our trip! We had rappelled before, but never in canyons and never at such heights! We had a blast! Eric was very knowledgeable and safe and made us very comfortable. The scenery was incredible, we learned alot from Eric about the environment while hiking to and from the canyon, and the rappelling was so much fun! First we rappelled down a canyon into a little pool of water, and then we rappelled by the Morning Glory Arch, which was so cool!! When we look at pictures we still can't believe we did it. It was a very unique and fun experience, and Eric was the best!! Highly recommend this adventure with Windgate!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The trip was wonderful”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

we had a great adventure. We did a canyoneering trip and enjoyed every minute. Eric was very safe, great with a my daughter and knowledgeable of the geology and weather. I know a little about climbing and ropes and everything he did was absolutely safe..

Frederick, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Rock Climb & Canyoneering Experience”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I spent a week in Moab, UT, and we really packed in the adventure. We spent our last day with Eric doing the Morning Glory Canyoneering trip; followed by an afternoon of rock climbing. This was our first time doing both and now we are hooked. Eric is passionate and enthusiastic in his approach which eases any fear of heights you may have and builds automatic trust in his capabilities to safely guide you through your adventure. It was a great way to wrap up our last day and we loved every moment of it. We can't stop thinking or talking about it! Thank you Eric...You ROCK!!!!

Tucson, Arizona
“Better than I could have imagined!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Rock climbing is one of those things I've always wanted to do and I finally got the opportunity to try it with Eric at Ice Cream Parlor. The experience topped my greatest expectations! The half-day adventure was so much fun and educational at the same time. Eric is patient and encouraging, entertaining and enthusiastic. I always felt safe and went home feeling like I had really accomplished something! I can't wait to go back to Moab and do some more climbing with Eric.

Visited May 2013
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Entrajo Canyon”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family of 7 had a fun experience with Eric in Entrajo Canyon. I called him the evening before and left a message. He called me back right away and we booked with him for the following afternoon. We followed him to an area just south of town and he set each of us up with a helmet and climbing gear. We only had a few backpacks with us so he let us borrow a couple more. The climbing was challenging in places but he helped us along the way. 3 members of our group were nervous about the rappelling but they bravely did it anyway and actually enjoyed it. Eric was also super great to send us the pictures he took. As for the value... well there were 7 of us and it wasn't cheap. I don't regret the expense since it was a first for all of us and we had a lot of fun.

Visited July 2013