Apache Motel
$215
$186
$170
ComfortSuites
Quality Inn Moab Slickrock Area(Moab)(Great Value!)
$159
$175
Official Hotel
$219
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsthe main dragjohn wayne suitestay there againoutdoor poolbed was comfortablemain stpleasant stayfilmingmicrowavegearmuffins
Reviewed October 10, 2008

We stayed there in 2002, and just decided to look it up on net. Of course it is an older , not fancy property, but it has that charm of having the "Duke" and other stars stay there and was so interesting. The staff as friendly and helpful, it was clean, comfortable and quiet. We didn't have to spend a lot of money to have a great experience in the great area of Moab. With all of the hiking and sight seeing, you only are there to sleep anyway, and we would definitely stay there again. It met all of our needs.
Florida travelers

• Stayed: June 2003, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blazer729
Reviewed September 13, 2008

Older decor but very big room. Nice refridgerator and a Microwave. Breakfast was basic, but it hit the spot. If I really want a real breakfast I'd go to a restaurant. Clerk was helpful.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 30, 2008

The room stunk of roach spray. There was mold everywhere. The air-conditioning unit was very loud; it was difficult to sleep. Towels were grey and disgusting. Breakfast consisted of cheap pastries from a local supermarket. Stay away.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed June 16, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Apache for three nights in mid-May and absolutely loved it! We were on a two-week driving vacation all across the South-West and the Apache was by far our favorite hotel of the entire trip (we had deliberately booked individual motels with a little bit of history and charm, instead of the usual characterless chain motels).
I called beforehand to make sure we could get a room on the second floor and that was exactly what we got, right above the reception area. The room was quiet, huge, nicely decorated with mock wooden beams and pretty prints, and had a microwave and refrigerator. The king-size bed was wonderfully firm, and the bathroom spacious, with a vanity sink and hairdryer. Given prices in Moab, we couldn't believe we were paying under $70!
The lady at reception was extremely nice, despite the fact that we arrived after 9 PM, and very helpful in recommending places to eat that would serve us that late (allegedly, most people in Moab eat by 6.30!) There was coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available from early in the morning till 10 PM. So even though we didn't have a coffeemaker in the room, you could collect as many sachets of tea or coffee as you liked, and simply boil some water in the microwave whenever you liked - very convenient!
We also loved the pool, after our hikes in Arches and Canyonlands a great way to end the day!
There is a convenience store less than 2 blocks away, and all the restaurants on main street are within walking distance.
All in all, we would definitely recommend the Apache as a reasonably priced, convenient, and comfortable option.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NCVienna
Reviewed May 17, 2008

My brother, sister-in-law, and I decided to run down to Moab on the spur of the moment early in April when it was still snowy in Colorado. I've always resisted Moab because my family usually visits in the summer and we are not big on crowds, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity. I got a couple of recommendations from my brother's friends, and checked them out on Trip Advisor. The Apache won easily, and it was exactly what we wanted. Totally basic and inexpensive. I liked how spacious the room was (three adults sharing a room, space was good). Also, we weren't sure we could get there by 11:00pm, but when I called they were fine about it and gave me a little cloak-and-dagger routine about how to find the room key (...under the light west of the office...look for the trash can...). Happily we were there early enough that I didn't have to dig through a trash can looking for a key....

We didn't try the breakfast, but at least in April you can get in to lots of local places with great reasonably-priced breakfasts. Wish I lived out there so I could go more often!

The "event" was (gulp) a couple of 50th birthdays we were celebrating together, so don't think it's just for college kids. Be flexible, have fun!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank JaxAmerican