Apache Motel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Moab(Moab)(Great Value!)
$179
Great 4.5/5
Fairfield Inn & Suites Moab(Moab)(Great Value!)
$299
Fairfield Inn
Aarchway Inn(Moab)(Great Value!)
$240
$204
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Plus Canyonlands Inn(Moab)(Great Value!)
$250
$189
ComfortSuites
$125
Good 3.5/5
Hampton Inn Moab(Moab)(Great Value!)
$252
$208
Great 4.5/5
Red Cliffs Lodge(Moab)(Great Value!)
$250
Inca Inn(Moab)(Great Value!)
$120
Official Site
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsthe main dragjohn wayne suitestay there againoutdoor poolbed was comfortablemain stpleasant stayfilmingmicrowavegearmuffins
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The romantic notion of staying where John Wayne stayed...pass on it. Only update to this place since Duke camped out here is the AC/Heat unit, which was good. Worn, dirty orange(!) carpet, queen headboard on king bed, mismatched furniture made to provide chest of drawers. Expensive also, although I suspect Moab properties offer no value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank enondoug
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Maybe this motel wouldn't be for everyone, but we loved it. Yes, it is an older motel but the room was large with everything we needed, including microwave, refrigerator, and a clean comfortable bed. The location was within two bocks of the main street but on a quiet side street. We would definitely return. Our only complaint is that coffee isn't available until 7:00 and there was no coffee pot in the room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed here with my husband for one night while doing a road-trip, and though we had read the previous reviews, we really wanted to live the John Wayne experience... And it was fun!
Yes, the place and the furniture are very old, and the TV could be black and white... but that's it! It is comfortable and clean, the wi-fi works well, and the staff is nice and friendly. Breakfast is just OK, but no worse than what we found in most of the motels we stayed in. I just considered it a bit pricey for what it is, but it's the cheapest you can find in the area. It's just and old place!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SaraWalnut
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We just took our Youth group to Moab for a week of Biking and Hiking. We found our stay to be quit pleasant. It was a great Home away from Home. The Staff was very accommodating, helping us find medical attention, pointing us in the right direction to get to our destination and lettings us park our trailer of bikes. Yes, the rooms are old but Hey John Wayne call it home when he made is movies there.

This is a perfect location you can Bike to Slick Rock, You are off the main drag and it is quite.

Room Tip: The front is on the road with the morning sun, The back catches the evening sun and quieter. The Trailer is old but you can fit a lot of people in it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 2day4memories
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The first thing you notice about your room is, well, you can't get into your room. My buddy and I spent five minutes trying each of our cards before returning to the desk. "You have to (blah blah blah, stand on your head and squawk like a chicken)". Back to the room, or at least the door. Another guest walks past, yeah, mine doesn't work either. Zip, green light, yank, damn. Repeat over and over. Finally, it randomly works.

The second thing you notice about your room is the musty smell, quickly followed by the big hole in the carpet, followed by the running sound from the toilet. Does the toilet even work? No, it doesn't. Pull off the tank lid, empty. Call the front desk - the toilet doesn't work. "Well, I can call the manager, but she'll have to come all the way across town". Well holy expletive, we wouldn't want the manager to have to drive ALL THE WAY ACROSS TOWN just because an $85 room doesn't have a functioning toilet (keep in mind this is Moab, and "across town" is about a mile at the most).

So you mess around with the toilet and finally get the flapper to settle in enough to fill up the tank, and flush. Then your buddy notices that the toilet is loose. You investigate, and laugh. Only two of the four bolts are used. Then you notice that the faucet in the shower is mounted about an inch away from the tile, and the tub actually squishes under your feet.

At one point, trying to get back in the room after dinner, the door handle comes off. I actually bruised my hand trying to get in the room, because I would not accept defeat in the regular "can we get back in our room" challenge. I got my card to work exactly once. So OK, I never mastered the trick of the quarter-second green light slam the handle down to get in your $85 smelly room thing, so it's probably my fault.

When you read that this motel is "off the main street", they don't tell you that it's ON the main street that everyone else uses to get through Moab. But that's not a big deal. It has a lovely view of the La Sal mountains, shimmering above the trailer park (which is for sale - buy your dream!). Our room had pictures of cowboys and Indians. The refrigerator kept the beer below room temperature. The bed didn't cripple me. I'm trying to be positive.

I was going to give this place two stars, just to not be nasty, but then I thought, what motel have I stayed at that was worse? and I couldn't think of any. But the bigger issue is, with all this tourist money literally flooding into Moab, why is it such a craphole?

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends