“Great value and quiet location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Apache Motel

and 1 more site!
Apache Motel
Ranked #33 of 34 Hotels in Moab
Flagstaff, AZ
“Great value and quiet location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2007

We were pleased with the Apache Motel for the following reasons: Brand-new beds (VERY Comfortable!), large closet area (plenty of room for your bikes), fridge in room, and off the main road in a quiet residential area. There is also coffee, tea and cocoa available in the office. We had a great dinner at the Moab Brewery on Main Street (a popular spot).
Some other ammenities that we didn't use were the outdoor pool, and the community microwave in the office.
Some minor issues that might bother people were the creaky floor (we were upstairs, not sure how noisy the creaking was for the room below us), one of those toilets which has a handle you have to keep holding while flushing, and we had an older TV. All of these issues are due to the fact that this motel is older (John Wayne is its claim to fame).
If you are willing to put up with the little quirks, you'll save a lot of money by staying here. It seems like a popular place, it was completely full both days we were there. It's quiet and comfortable, and a nice little local motel.

• Liked — Comfortable room for a low price
  • Disliked — Little quirks of an older motel
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Loves2Travel77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2007

My husband and I spent three nights at the Apache in September. It was the last stop on our Utah Road trip, and my brother, a Moab regular, had booked it for us as a wedding present.
What a nice surprise to walk in and find wedding balloons and candy! I spoke to my brother later and he insisted that it was a present from the hotel.
We had a spacious room on the second floor with a fridge and microwave. Everything was clean, comfortable and quiet. Just what we wanted.
We loved the charm of the hotel and everyone who worked there seemed to genuinely love their town and hotel. Will definelty stay there again.

• Liked — great staff
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank knitting_danica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2007

From reading some of the previous reviews, was not too sure what to expect. However, upon entry to the room, was very pleasantly surprised. Huge room, with kitchen, fridge, microwave etc: Bathroom very clean, and clean crisp bed clothes. Stayed here for two nights whilst exploring arches, and canyonlands, and although stuck in the middle of a residential neighbourhood, it was very very quiet. Would definately recommend........

• Liked — Clean, easy to find, great value
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Stuart E
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2007

Stayed here May 23, 2007. Picked it randomly out of the paper. $58.00, which was a great deal. The room was pretty "vintage' looking, it was a good size for three people. There was a little dressing/storage/getting ready area outside the bathroom which was nice. Everything worked in the room, but the A/C was a little loud.

We were out and about most of the time and didn't need many amenities, however the motel did have a pool. Apache seemed like a place where a lot of cyclists stay and others who don' t need anything fancy.

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank carrie2800
Cape Coral, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2006

The Apache Motel is not a part of the Hilton Chain, nor is it Bed Bug City, either. It is a good place to go to get some sleep after a day at Arches, Canyonlands, rafting the Colorado River or enjoying the La Sal Mountains.

I found the bed to be comforatble and the maid service was friendly and evident. I did notice some dust around the baseboards, but this is the desert and dust is pretty much everywhere in the desert. The motel is a bit tired and could use some renovating, but for a roof over one's head at the end of the day, I found it to be just fine.

There was a small fridge in the room, but no microwave. The TV was nothing special, but I rarely go on vacation to watch much TV.

The pool is small, but it is very refreshing after a long hike in near 100 degree temperatures.

The rates were extremely reasonable and I found the place to be quiet being a few blocks off the main drag.

I'd stay here, again, more than likely.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank tropicdiver
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2006

My room was upstairs to get in I had to play with the lock as told at check in. Lock is problem.I enter the carpet is well stained lots of work taken to get that dirty ...Small window to my right with broken blinds...to the left a set of four steps leading down to my funky sunken motel room..A junk tv old furnishings with thick dust on all bases mostly table very thick nasty dust..On to the bed, I slept on top of the covers due to the dirty sheets the maid did not change ...no kidding.. red dust all over the sheets disgusting.. enough said the place was a PIT spend money elsewhere

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Moab hotels

Duluth, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2006

My husband and I returned to beautiful Moab and could only find a room here at the Apache. We always try to stay at the local motels along our travels rather than the big commercial chains. We appreciate the charecter and local friendliness; the Apache was no exception. Very friendly staff. Our room "had charecter". Nothing fancy, but if you're vacationing in Moab, you won't be spending much time in a motel room. At leat you shouldn't! My only complaint is having to listen to people above us walking around. Creeky and loud. We had a kitchenette which was nice since there's no breakfast available. I like the location; off the main drag, yet within walking distance of shops. The pool is small, but there rarely was anyone else out there. We plan to return this spring. I look at other motels in the area, but none seem to have the local charm like the Apache. Think we'll reserve the John Wayne Suite this time!

• Stayed June 2005