“Will stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Moab Rim Campark

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Moab
Moab Rim Campark
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Moab
“Will stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay here, very clean, cabins are nice, and the people who run it are very helpful. They had an empty rv spot next to my cabin and let me park my truck and jeep trailer there all week.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Paola, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Jim and Sue are the owners of this place and they are absolutely wonderful to deal with. We had mechanical issues with our truck while we were there and they went out of their way to help us. They are very nice people to deal with. If you want an RV park to stay at in Moab Utah, this is the one. Furthermore, they have the most reasonable rates I could find in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank iwheelit
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

I can't say enough good things about the staff at this place. They were helpful, friendly, considerate, etc.etc. I really enjoyed them. I rented a travel trailer and parked it here for three days. The facilities were very clean. Fellow campers were very considerate. The only bummer was that this park is right along 191, the main highway through Moab.

Fortunately, I was bone tired by the time I got back to my trailer each night. However, as I passed into sleep, I always thought what a bummer that this place is right on the highway. Moab is pretty remote, but hearing 18 wheelers rumble by kills the tranquility.

If you camp, I think that there are sites far away from the road. I was in a trailer, and the trailers are parked closest to the road.

Also, this place is a bit south of downtown.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank onobed
Cibolo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed here in late May 2011. We showed up after the office had closed for the night, but no worries. And because of our ensuing morning and evening adventures at Arches and Canyonlands, we never really checked in until two days after our arrival. They were totally flexible!

We weren’t 100% sure what to expect when we arrived, but with the little kitchenette, a strong shower, great A/C, and a nice patio with a view, we were thoroughly pleased with our accommodations.

We’re both pretty big trail running fans, and we took advantage of the off-road trails adjacent to the property. We had some great early morning runs right there at the base of the foothills – it was right outside of our back door!

They also have grills available (free) for your guests. It was great to go hiking all day at one of the parks and then come back, sit on the patio, and grill some dinner.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank JenniChillstrom
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

Stayed two nights in one of their deluxe cabins. Very comfortable and clean. Beautiful views. Owners work very hard to keep grounds nice. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank texastj
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2010

I had stayed here 6 months ago and was looking forward to the convenience to the offroading trails each day. This time was much different. They had my reservation wrong and shorted me one day. Fortunately, I was able to stay with a friend the last day of my trip, but don't like to impose and that is why I always stay in a motel or cabin while in Moab.

The sink leaked, when I was washing my hands, my feet were getting washed at the same time! There was a nasty coffee can full of water under they sink. They did fix it but the mear fact that a can was under there made me wonder why not just fix it. But then didn't leave a key for me to get back in my cabin at the end of the day. So I had to go and call and wait while they bought me a key!

I know this isn't the Ritz, I didn't expect it to be, its cabins. but come on. Then the roof leaked in the bathroom during a rain storm. I was told that is not uncommon. Give me a break. Its a cabin not a tent ? I have bathroom vents in my home, but they don't leak when it rains.

But the worst part was when I tripped and fell over a rock in the parking area that I couldn't see because there wasn't any outdoor lighting in that area! My wrist is sprained, I couldn't drive offroading one day, and was in pain for the remainder of my trip.

I paid my bill in full, and wrote them a letter explaining the chain of events...and asked for reimbursement for my medical, one night's stay in a hotel, and reimbursement for the last night I stayed becaused I moved out at 5AM because off the leaky roof.

Their response to all of this. They credited me for one night's stay. Management said I exaggerated the events? I hardly think so. There was no mention of that fact that I was injured on their property in their response to me?

I find that very odd. If someone fell on my property I would be making sure they were taken care of and make things right. I just want to be compensated for my expenses that's all.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo