“A good room for the price”
Review of Big Horn Lodge

Big Horn Lodge
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Moab
Fruita, Colorado
“A good room for the price”
Reviewed July 23, 2008

We stayed at the Big Horn Lodge for two nights last November while in Moab to hike at Arches National Park. Our room was clean, quiet and the decor was simple and attractive. And the rate was quite low - $49 a night. We are going back to Arches again this November and I will likely book this motel again.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank westernhauler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Cortez, Colorado
Reviewed July 17, 2008

We really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were larger than we expected and had plenty of room for our mountain bikes.

The room was clean and included a fridge and microwave.

The best part was the location. Near downtown and many eating establishments, as well as two local grocery stores.

There was some construction going on main street, but it didn't bother us much, as we were out of the motel early and didn't return until after the crews had gone home for the night.

• Liked — Location to downtown and eating establishments.
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Rik_mave
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed July 17, 2008

Nice motel in downtown Moab. Well appointed and spacious room, nice amenities, towels and very clean. Small pool but nice chairs and lot's of towels. Very conveniently located in Moab.

• Liked — Nice location - reasonable rates
  • Disliked — Like every motel in town it's on the main street
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ted D
Maui
Reviewed July 15, 2008

While on our month long honeymoon roadtrip, us islanders really enjoyed Moab and this motel. As you can imagine a month long trip in which you shipped your own vehicle for usage can add up quickly so we were trying to make good choices in accommodations. I am naturally a bit leary of motels but this one totally served our purpose. We weren't at the motel much but the room we had was great. It had that lodge feel. It was cool, very important on those hot August days. The staff was nice. We'd go there again. The price was perfect. We were happy there was an inroom microwave.

We loved Arches. It was one of my highlights even now 2.5 years later. Arches is one of the best National Parks ever and the little town of Moab made the perfect stop after long days on the road. I cannot wait to visit Moab/Arches again and I would definitely put Big Horn Lodge on our list of places to stay, unless next time we go we can afford to splurge.

• Stayed August 2006
2 Thank alohawahineMaui
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed July 13, 2008

The Big Horn Lodge has always provided me an excellent room at highly competitive prices for Moab, Utah.

Even better than the quality of the rooms is the courtesy of the Big Horn Lodge's staff. Many hotel's are courteous while you're staying with them as is the staff of the Big Horn Lodge, but on 2 occasions, they have offered to put me on a waiting list when they were booked during the time of my desired reservation, and to my surprise, both times they called me when a room became available. I've only had a couple of hotels even offer to call me if a room became available, but none have ever actually done so because I believe it's too easy to appear courteous by offering to do so, but not follow through with the hassle of a waiting list when the hotel staff and/or management know they'll be able to book the room for probably more money on the day of the newly canceled vacancy.

Nice, clean, affordable, and ethical. A gem in Moab, Utah.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank csjinx
Salt lake city, Utah
Reviewed May 12, 2008

Big Horn was the cheapest place we could find on line and we certainly got what we paid for. I will for sure spot the extra money next time and stay at a better place. The beds were aweful. I could feel the springs just by running my hands over the bed with a small bit of pressure. I woke up with aching hips from sleeping on my side on their aweful mattresses. The place had very poor lighting and the bathroom was super super small. It appeared clean but when I let my 14 month old take her shoes off to walk around her feet were black within about 15 minutes. The carpet was so grose that none of us would walk on it without our shoes on. The room was also very smelly when we first arrived so we had to keep the door open for a while. We will not be back.

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank enjoy2travel2paris

Travelers are raving about these Moab hotels

Minnesota
Reviewed April 19, 2008

We stayed in Moab for one night in order to visit Arches National Park. The Big Horn Lodge was perfect for us. Here are the reasons: Friendly staff, clean and well-equiped rooms, decor that made us feel like we were in a cabin, AND reasonable prices.

Stayed April 2008