“Great Location, Great People”
Review of Big Horn Lodge

Big Horn Lodge
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Moab
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Great Location, Great People”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had an extremely nice stay at the Big Horn Lodge while in Moab. Friendly staff, clean rooms, clean pool. Great Diner next door. Close to all of the excursion locations. Loved Big Horn and Loved MOAB. We will be back.

1 Thank Larry Z
BHLMoab, Manager at Big Horn Lodge, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thanks so much for your review. We are so happy to hear you LOVED your stay and and your visit to Moab! We hope you will be back soon and visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Got into Moab as the temperature in our car read 116 degrees. Was greeted by 2 very pleasant young ladies who took care of my reservations efficiently, giving me a map of the area and told me to make sure to come back if I had any more questions. As soon as I opened the room, a blast of cold air hit me, which was a welcomed relief! The thermostat read 60 degrees and felt wonderful after a such a long drive. The room was on the small side for the 3 of us and would have liked to have more room for our suitcases but that said, we weren't in the room all that long-mostly just to sleep. The bathroom was small, just a toilet and tub but the sink is outside of the bathroom so we just took turns getting ready.
Our rate was very reasonable compared to the chain hotels in town and the location is right in the middle of town on the main drag. For a small family or a single traveler, these accomodations are very appropriate. The place was clean, location was excellent. My son and granddaughter enjoyed the pool in the late afternoon. I would stay there again for sure!

1 Thank Debbie_Hech
BHLMoab, Manager at Big Horn Lodge, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for sharing the positive experience you had with us. We appreciate your efforts to post a review for us. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time in Moab. We hope to see you again soon!
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stopped here on route to Park City for a conference. The staff are welcoming, the room was spotless as was the bathroom. There was no smell anywhere - even the smokers who smoked outside on the landings weren't a bother. When I checked out I realized that my AAA discount hadn't been applied, so the receptionist took care of it and I actually got some money back! I would definitely stay here again and warmly recommend it to anyone who needs a reasonably priced, clean and pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms near the pool. There are fewer parking spaces there and therefore less noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank janziff
, Manager at Big Horn Lodge, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy you had a good experience when you stayed with us, hope to see you again soon.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have been staying at the Big Horn Lodge in summer for several months at a time over the past several years. My room is clean, comfortable, and if there are any maintenance issues they are
attended to promptly. The staff is very friendly and attentive. They watch over me like family. The location is perfect: After one returns from the desert, one can walk everywhere in town and leave the vehicle. And if you have your bicycle, you can ride down Kane Road on the Colorado River, and leave your vehicle in the parking lot again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank John B
, Manager at Big Horn Lodge, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thanks so much for your kind review. We have really enjoyed having you. Hope you get to come visit again next summer. See ya then.
Eagle, Idaho
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed at the Big Horn Lodge July 2-5 and it was a very comfortable place to stay. I'm an uptown girl who likes to get away from it all and have rugged adventures. I'm picky about cleanliness, convenience etc in hotels so listen up....all the negative reviews about the Big Horn in Moab are bogus. The room was nice and clean, with no weird hotel odors, and conveniently located in the heart of Moab. It is the BEST value in town!! I am accustomed to staying in 5 star hotels but when you go to Moab, you don't exactly need 5 star accommodations. I will definitely stay there again!

1 Thank suzettestokes
, Manager at Big Horn Lodge, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for all your kind words about our motel. We appreciate the time you took to write a review about your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I'm a happy camper if the room is clean, comfortable and close to other attractions. Big Horn Lodge fit the bill nicely. The refrigerator was a VERY welcome feature for keeping drinks cold during the hot summer weather. Didn't have a chance to use the pool, but it looked inviting.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hpvrace323
, Manager at Big Horn Lodge, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you so much for the nice review, we really appreciate it. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Big Horn Lodge and also your time while in Moab. We hope to see you again sometime soon.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have been to Moab multiple times over the last few years. I prefer staying at locally owned motels that are more on the cheap side. I have written reviews for 2 other motels in Moab that I really like. I can now add Big Horn Lodge to my list of places to stay in Moab. I read some of the previous reviews before booking, and they seemed kind of harsh. Yes, one of the walls is an entire window, but we didn't find that off-putting or intrusive. Yes, the air-conditioner is in the bathroom area, but it still cooled the whole room great (it was close to 100 degrees outside when I was there). One unique feature is the ceiling fan. It was awesome! We didn't even have to have the AC on during the night. Yes, the walls are a little thin, but the motel was completely booked and we weren't disturbed by anyone all night. I loved the interior decor, the bed was really comfortable, and there was plenty of room. We checked-in and checked-out with ease and the front office staff were really helpful and nice. All in all a great weekend trip!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JillieBean77
, Manager at Big Horn Lodge, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and added us to your list of hotels to stay in while visiting Moab. We hope your travels bring you back to Moab and the Big Horn Lodge real soon. Thank you again for your kind feedback.