“Don't stay here if you intend on sleeping.”
Review of Red Stone Inn

Red Stone Inn
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed April 12, 2014

After traveling all day I just wanted to rest and that did not happen here. Our room was right next to the lobby and public bathroom, so we could hear people all night. The vertical blinds do a horrific job of blocking out light. You need to stuff the extra blanket in there, especially because it's right next to a gas station, so you will see high beams across your wall all night. Also, this room was noisy because it is next to the freeway. We heard semis rumbling down the street at all hours. I highly suggest using a white noise machine or app, or if you have the luxury of taking out hearing aids, do so. The room itself was roughly twice the size of my car. There were 6 inches between the bed and wall, 18 inches between the two beds, and another 6 inches from the other bed to the wall. I felt completely claustrophobic there. The bed was not comfortable, and the pillow did a number on my neck. I now have torticollis. Also, the housekeeper comes really early, so put your sign out or she will wake you up.
On the plus side, they are all floor units which was good for my grandparents. Also, the kitchenette and bathroom are nice. I think if our room had been on a different part of the property we would have slept somewhat better. I also liked being able to watch HBO. I would have enjoyed it more if I had a room with a single bed, not sure if they offer those. The front desk staff was nice.
All in all, I was MAD at my sister for booking this hotel, and I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room right next to the gas station. Try to find a room near the bottom of the U s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank MomOf4Kidlets
RSI3500, General Manager at Red Stone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

We are so sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. We try to make every effort to make each guests stay enjoyable. We will take your opinion seriously and make any changes possible. If you would consider staying with us again in the future, we would be sure to put you in a room back away from the main street. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

For the price this place was not too bad. It is old, and the rooms small but the kitchen area was in a little nook which we liked....kitchen being a sink, fridge,and microwave. The room was really quiet... and the bed comfortable...we slept well. The location was good, within walking distance to the grocery store etc and the staff were really nice. We would stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marylk2013

We are so glad to hear you were Happy with your stay.:) We try to make every effort to make each guests stay enjoyable. Please visit us again next time you are in Moab. We Love to have our repeat guests!! Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were treated well, when we were here two years ago and the price was very reasonable, so we returned today as we are passing through Moab. The prices have increased a bit and making that comment to Crystal at the front desk, she gave us an additional discount.
Each room has a small kitchen-net, with refrig, microwave sink and coffee pot. Great for breakfast on the go.
The rooms are nice enough that we would stay here for a few days, if we were touring Moab.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Pnjtravles

Thank you for staying with us here at the Red Stone Inn ;) We are so Pleased to hear you were Happy with your stay. We try to make every effort to make each guests stay enjoyable. We would love to have you come and visit us again in the future, if we can be of any assistance please let us know. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed here for 6 days during inclement weather that blanketed the whole region with snow and paid the weekly rate.

The room felt small and cramped, the walls were not very sound proof and anybody walking through the hall (and dragging behind wheeled luggage) seemed like they were walking through your room. The bath was musty and humid even thought we ran the fan almost non stop. The cleanliness also could be better. The wall mounted heat - a/c unit under the drafty window warmed the room quickly, but was terribly loud and on almost all the time even though we kept it at the minimum heat. Bring earplugs. The queen bed was medium and comfortable, but only had 2 pillows.
But, the place has a small kitchen and the wood paneling has its own charm. Good TV choice selection with HBO and plethora of channels, though the picture could have been better.
And if you feel like hot tub, there is one in separate building across from the office.

City Market (part of Kroger) is 5 min walk away. For anything else you will need to drive, though downtown restaurants and galleries are easy 20 min walk away, even in cold and snowy weather.

For $56.75 (incl. tax) a day you can either find cheaper places nearby or better rooms for not much more.

But at $204.48 (incl. tax) for 7 days or less than $30 a day, this place is a steal and best value in Moab. Period. Yes, there is no breakfast or house keeping (when you pay the weekly rate; housekeeping is provided on daily rate), but you can get fresh towels from the office and will have plenty of money left over for good breakfast. And if you stay just 5 or 6 days like we did, it is still a fabulous deal.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KHL12

Thank you for choosing the Red Stone Inn.. We are so sorry to hear you were a little disappointed with your stay. We have done a remodel to all of our rooms, and try to make every effort to make each guests stay enjoyable. We appreciate your feed back and are trying our best to make improvements to our property. We hope you will return to Moab soon, if we can be of any assistance please let us know. Thank You for the review. :)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were on a senior tour on our way back from the Colorado Rockies and stopped here after visiting Mt. Rushmore. I didn't like this place one bit but I am prejudiced when it comes to motels. I do not "DO" motels. I am a Holiday Inn Express and Crown Plaza kind of person. Some of our group seniors stated it was okay while others did not like it either. One couple said, "It's so cute I could stay here a week." The bathroom was immaculately clean smelling strongly from clorox. The room was clean except for a thick layer of dust on the a/c unit right by the dials. Oops, guess they missed that. Maybe they had the window opened. The room was tiny with two small beds. It was all knotty pine with old fashioned bedspreads. It looked just like the brochure except that the cover picture is an artist rendering and does not look so nice. There was a slight smell to the room. Kind of musty? The people here were very nice and efficient with getting our luggage to our rooms. The mattress was good and so were the pillows. There is a small kitchenette with a microwave and refrigerator. We had breakfast across the street which is also owned by the same people. It is a busy highway and not conducive to senior crossing it. The breakfast and dinner were both delicious. Bunny was our waitress and she was very efficient and helpful. (See restaurant review) Would stop at this restaurant but not at the motel.

Room Tip: To reach your room, you have to walk all the way around to the back. Not an ideal situation. My hu...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

We are so sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. We have taken your opinion seriously and have made some changes to our property. We have done some nice upgrades to our property since you were here. We hope you will return to Moab soon :) Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

As others have stated, this hotel is a little dated, however they are remodeling the rooms. The rooms are very small. If you have 4 adults I would definitely recommend you get separate rooms. If you have 2 small children and 2 adults, you would be fine. However, the staff is very nice, and the location is great. I would also recommend bringing your own pillows.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review on our property. We recently did a upgrade on our rooms. I think you will like them very much. We appreciate your comments and hope you will visit us in Moab the next time you are here :) Thanks for your review

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I made a reservation and they quoted one price over the phone and then charged more when I checked in. I had a coupon that said it had no blackout dates, swore to God it was good any day, any time. They would not accept it - said it was only good when their rates were at the maximum. I reported them to the State attorney general. I visit Moab several times a year, but I absolutely will NEVER stay at this place again and I tell everyone who passes through Durango, CO, where I employed at a hotel, about my experience. These people own a couple other places in Moab and I will NEVER stay at any of them. Also the lights were so dim I could barely see, the window did not shut all the way. The heat did not work very well. It just plain sucked.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you want a good room. My room had the view of the back of a garage.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family