“Great Value”

Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Moab
San Francisco, California
“Great Value”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Red Stone Inn. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well kept. The rooms have a rustic wood interior which gives the feeling of a cozy backwoods cabin. We looked at several other options in the area and for the money this was the best choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Travellin_Man12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Kline, CO
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I had a coupon for $20 off the price. The coupon said "no blackout dates, good any time." I tried to use the coupon when I checked in (I was traveling in February 2012). I was told they would not honor it - it was only good when their rates were at the maximum. I will never stay there again and I usually visit Moab two or three times a year. PS: The lights were so dim I could not see to read. The heater did not heat the room to a reasonable temperature.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rupert V

Travelers are raving about these Moab hotels

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We were expecting a bigger room and a better "kichinnette" setting (no stove, only a microwave) for what they claimed "best deal in Moab" But the room is clean and the bed is comfy... Wish it had a bigger shower, my husband is 6'5 and he had a hard time taking one....

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
dune acres indiana
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This property is a throw-back to olden days -- one-story, pull up in front of the building. The room was clean but dark due the rustic wood decor. A small window opening to the parking lot and walkway outside was better left with the curtain pulled shut. The hallway outside the room was finished in ceramic tile, so we could hear everyone walk down it or roll their suitcase along the floor, hitting every joint along the way. Ice was in a small building near the hot tub.
The price makes this motel a good choice for those seeking a clean room and a warm, comfortable bed at a very reasonable price. Reception was warm and friendly, if a little laid back. It was full the nights we stayed.

1 Thank jayclay1
Ridgway, Colorado, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Too cold to camp so my wife and I opted for an "affordable" motel. Still overpriced at $69/night, but it was the best alternative for those of us who are budget minded. Room was clean and plenty big for the 2 of us and the dog. Wood paneling helped me re-live cabins while traveling as a child. A little noisy in the evening and morning, but no more so than other motels in Moab and we were inside and warm! Good proximity to everything in town, and the gal that checked us in, and out, was quite pleasant. Although we ususally camp while visiting Moab there is nothing that would keep us from staying at Red Stone Inn again.

2 Thank Chris52622
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Don't expect to stay in a hotel that says "The Best Deal in Moab" and expect 4 stars and high-end rooms. It is exactly what it says. It is one of the best deals in Moab (that I could find), which is why we stayed there. All other hotels in Moab are ridiculously overpriced. Red stone inn is a cozy, outdoor like, older motel. Yes, the rooms are small and dark, but it has all the necessities one would need. It has laundry, a hot tub and an outdoor bike cleaning area, and our room had a small kitchenette area, all of which we didn't have time to use. If you are going to Moab to stay in a motel, don't stay in this one. However, if you are going to Moab to enjoy the AMAZING outdoors and fun, cute town and only plan to have enough time to sleep in a motel, like we did (all day outdoor activities), I would recommend this hotel. It's in town and close to restaurants/Moab brewery. This is not a 5 star hotel, but Moab is a 5 star city!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with a few friends. A week after we checked out they charged me $100 for ROOM CLEAN UP! And when I called to dispute it, it took another week to get a hold of the manager! AND THEN!... The manager yelled at me and CALLED ME PATHETIC!!!!!! We go to Moab every year and you trust and believe I and EVERYONE I know will NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends