“Good stay”

Moab Valley RV Resort & Campground
Ranked #2 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Moab
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I wanted to camp, but didn't want to fly with all my camping gear, so this seemed to be an affordable compromise (although I was a little jealous when I saw the tents of other travelers). I got one of the little cabins. It does butt right up to the main highway into/out of Moab. However, the air conditioner that you will likely use all night drowned out all the noise (at least for me, but then again, I was quite exhausted at the end of each evening!). There was a small refrigerator, which was fantastic for keeping my waters and Gatorade cold enough. The room had a full bed and a set of bunk beds. I was travelling alone, but I think I would have been quite comfortable in the room with my children. There was a small tv with cable, but I only used it a couple of times to check the weather. You do have to use the bathhouse, as there are no bathrooms in the cabin. The bathhouse was always very clean, the showers were clean, toilets were clean. I was very pleased with this place. I did not use the pool, as it was always too packed for my taste, but looked like all the guests were being polite and having fun. Check in was quick and the ladies at the counter were very friendly. It's not right in the town (ten minute? drive), but is one of the closest places to Arches National Park that you can stay in Moab. If you were wanting to walk around Moab, this would not be an ideal choice - there are several places closer. But, the campark was full of friendly people and was very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank meklein
GlampingCampsites, Manager at Moab Valley RV Resort & Campground, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our campark. We strive to provide all of our guests with accommodations and services that create a memorable camping experience here in Moab. The Arches National Park is very close and we are pleased to hear that your cabin was a place where you were able to relax after spending your days exploring the nearby attractions. We hope that you will visit us again and we look forward to being of service to you and hopefully your children in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have been trying to get in contact with the people at Moab Valley RV & Campark for over a week now. I have left several messages and sent several emails with no response whatsoever. The message on the phone apologizes in advance, saying there is only one person there. And now, I just called and the inbox is full. Not even sure if this place is still operating, but it is a terrible way to run a business. I am very surprised they are so favorably rated on here. Wish I could believe it, but unfortunately, they have chosen not to take on new business, I suppose. Just lost three nights and 2 sites. Their loss.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank kyle27
MoabValleyMgmt, Front Desk Reservations at Moab Valley RV Resort & Campground, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

kyle27, it is unfortunate you chose to give a bad review based on your inability to make a reservation. We close during the winter and keep one person on staff to make reservations. In January, another staff member is usually added to help with the influx of e-mail and voice mail (typically 30-40 PER DAY of each). Unfortunately, our park was sold to a company in a different state at the end of last season, and things have not typically gone the way of past years. We were not able to bring help in. As a result of not having 2 staff members for the winter, voice mail and e-mail were extremely backlogged. I also work limited office hours during the winter. My apologies that you were unable to set up a reservation. Thanks to those that have been patient in being contacted, we look forward to seeing you. This site gives guests who've stayed with us a chance to share their experiences. As for you, kyle27, maybe sometime you will be able to come and stay and see why we have such phenomenal reviews!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

You must go to Moab. And if you're looking for somewhere affordable that's nice enough, this is a good bet.

We stayed in camping cabins which were the epitome of cheap and cheerful. Clean, comfortable, basic - but had power and air conditioning, which is a must in Moab.

Parking right outside. Swimming pool was good. Showers great and never a queue.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kittymaxer
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This campground was perfect for my stay in Moab for 5 days of amazing mountain biking. Stayed in a large cabin that slept up to 6 for $72 a night. Better than a hotel room, we were able to park right next to the cabin and put our mountain bikes inside the cabin for safe keeping. Picnic table out front, small fridge and tv in the cabin. Big clean bathroom with showers just across from the cabin. Pool and hot tub were great, never crowded. Internet so-so in cabin, stronger closer to the office. Overall, very happy with this place, it was clean quiet and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Go for the large cabin, well worth the price. I don't see why you would stay in a tent or the basic cabin with no sheets when you could have the large cabin for a bit more.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DannyB994
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Spring break in Moab and was totally unaware of the "Jeep Rendevous' which put any accomodation without a reservation in short supply. Rented a cabin and had a wonderful stay! Very helpful and friendly staff,very clean and quiet!
We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Craig A
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is the only campground we will stay at in Moab, the place is perfect and the staff is the friendliest ever, they all know us by name and treat us like we are family, every time someone asks us where we stay when we go to Moab we tell them about this place! It's clean, plenty of room for our 5th wheel and truck to park, we have also stayed in the cottages and our friends and family have stayed in the cabins, we will continue to go Moab Valley every time we go to Moab! Tex and the girls are so friendly! Love you guys! See you soon!

Room Tip: RV pull through, back in, cottage or cabin, all are EXCELLENT choices!!!