“Very Accommodating, Good Clean Washrooms”

Canyonlands RV Resort & Campground
Ranked #5 of 34 Specialty Lodging in Moab
Winnipeg, Canada
“Very Accommodating, Good Clean Washrooms”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Mark Devine, manager, is a gem. I witnessed another couple at check in who arrived on the wrong date, and the campground was full, they were given a full refund, no questions. Then Mark went out of his way to find them alternate accommodations. We stayed 3 nights, 1 in a camping cabin, great. 2 nights in our tent trailer, good treed sites, quiet, this is an early to bed and early to rise campground. The marching band from the adjacent football field is great, free live music to start the day. With us Mark played the role of tour organizer, his first offer (which we heard about through Trip Advisor) was a home run, check out Dan Mick's Jeep Tours. You can tell when you are in a campground that is well organized and thought out, this is one. There are plenty of little things that suggest this is a well thought out facility with the idea of making your experience a positive one, one example: the shower heads are placed high, so even tall guys will comfortably shower. In town location makes this very convenient for many restaurants, we enjoyed The Brewery.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Coldmount29
Mark D, Manager at Canyonlands RV Resort & Campground, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Coldmount29,
When I read a review from a senior reviewer like you, I feel good knowing we are on the right track with what we are trying to do here. We want you to have an outstanding experience here.
Your kind words help rejuvenate all the staff and brighten our day.
Like yourselves, I enjoy the band practices as a sound of fall and football and tradition. Where would a small town like ours be without young people and the school and band.
Thanks again for choosing Canyonlands Campground when you come to Moab.
We hope to see you again soon.
Mark D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Enumclaw, Wa
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We continually pick Canyonlands Rv Park each time we visit Moab. We have stayed at other campgrounds but this one is so conveniently located in town that one can walk to just about everything you need. As with all campgrounds around Moab the interior roads are gravel and get dusty when people drive to fast. To that end management has added some speed bumps and are very proactive at taking care of repeat offenders of the 5mph speed limit. Maneuvering can be tricky but we continually se 45' RVs in the park so it can be done. Power is sufficient and reliable, water pressure and quality are very good. Most sites are paved and each one is quickly hosed down and cleaned for the next guest as soon as it is vacated. Reservations are a must. There is a coin-op laundromat on site although we haven't need it. We stayed for a month on our last visit and will be back again. Reason for 4 out of 5 stars, not enough speed bumps! Need at least a half dozen more of them on the 2 main isles and a barrier to the tent section that would require the tenters to drive directly to their sites rather than create dust by blasting by the RVs would also help. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NWJeeper
Hi NW Jeeper,
I enjoyed your speed bump review of our park. After reading the review I realized how much attention to detail you noticed.
When you said we need more speed bumps I smiled because a lady had just come into the office to complain. She said she would never come here again because the speed bumps knocked the knicknacks off her RV shelf.
We hope you come back soon and yes, we will continue to add speed bumps.
Thanks again for reviewing Canyonlands Campground and we will continue to keep the high standards for cleanliness and friendliness.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Canyonlands campground is amazing! We stayed here for two months. Krista at the front desk is awesome, she gave us great ideas of things to see and do. Dani is also fantastic.. James was great at helping on the grounds and with any issues with the pool. Mark the manager also made sure our stay was great. Thank you all!!! I would recommend staying here and we will be back! You are FANTASTIC!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank HollyThatcher
Mark D, Manager at Canyonlands RV Resort & Campground, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Holly,
All of us here at Canyonlands Campground enjoyed having you and your family here for the last couple of months.
I was sad to see you all moving on because you were friends and neigbors to all of us.
Also, I like teasing your boys each day about if their school work was done so they could swim or play.
Thank you for being such great people.
We miss having you here.
North Hero Vermont
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been on an extended road trip across the US from Vermont. We give Canyonlands a 5 star rating......well managed, extremely clean, neat sites, freshly painted picnic tables, clean and spacious bathrooms....even recycling. We have camped in many campgrounds along the way. This one is a definite recommend!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vtgypsies
Dear skut48,
Wow! A review like yours is what I dream about in my sleep every night.
All I can say is thank you for being so kind.
This review will encourage everyone on our staff to keep up the good work.
I am humbled and honored and will work for you and everyone else to keep the high standards you mentioned.
Blessings,
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days in this summer. A good deal of the issues that I had were completely unrelated to the park itself or management. The check in people were nice and the layout of the park was fine for me although parking of extra vehicles made navigating around difficult. As I have a small popup camper I had no issues with getting it in the spot. The spots themselves were shady and nice. I could see that larger rigs did have some crowding issues. I did not and the shade was lovely as I do not have air conditioning in my camper. My biggest complaint was the marching band firing up at 7:00 am EVERY morning! I usually plan to get a little sleep on my vacations and this was a bad situation. I was bothered enough by it to look around town at the other campgrounds. This one was the best that I saw and I checked them all out. The shade in the summer was the kicker. It was nearly 100 degrees every day and I would have fried in any of the other parks. If you can deal with the noise it is a great place and I will go back. Very convenient access to all of Moab. I only went in the pool once because it was usually crowded. I had it to myself one evening and it was very nice. A little close to the road but refreshing. There is a ton of complaining on here about wifi but I had little trouble with it. It dropped me a few times but that is pretty common. All in all a pleasant albeit noisy place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Carole K
Hi Carole from Castle Rock,
Thank you for your thoughtful and well spoken review. You really studied this park in detail.
You are so right about that marching band--they do start an exactly 7am with the trumpets and drums. Every week they work on a new song. Mondays sound a little ragged but by gameday Friday they sound smoother. My favorite was the week where they learned "When the Saints go Marching In."
But I digress, You live in a wonderful place-Castle Rock.
Please come back over the mountains and visit us again,
Oroville, California
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a well run, well maintained RV park/campground, but I think it is more suited for RVs. The tent sites in the main park are tightly packed with no privacy. The tent sites in the rear area have more space, but lack even the fence panels of the main area for privacy. And the back area suffers from its proximity to the neighboring 3-floor hotels and their parking lots; a higher fence and plantings would be a better buffer. The pit toilets in the back tent area are more suited to a remote campground than an urban area; regularly-serviced porta potties would be an improvement. The restrooms/showers in the main area are very good, but a 5-minute walk from the back tent area. This is an urban campground, great for convenience to everything in town, with the trade off of traffic and the neighboring high school football field noise. There is no Wifi or electricity in the back tent area; the Wifi in the main RV/tent area is good most of the time, but seems to be difficult to log in to at times--perhaps overloaded at times? There are a few spots for tent campers to park yourself outdoors with an electrical outlet in the main park for Wifi. For tent camping in Moab other than the BLM wilderness sites, I'd have to recommend staying in a commercial campground on the outskirts of town.

Room Tip: If you want a tent site with the convenience of being in town, do stay here, but only in the sites i...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark D, Manager at Canyonlands RV Resort & Campground, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hi Mike C,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
You affirmed that we are on track and doing well with the items we can control which are cleanliness and service. My staff will be pleased to see your high marks knowing that their hard work and dedication is paying off.
Happy travels,
Mark
Northern California
Reviewed September 24, 2013

First of all, it seems like a fine RV park centrally located, and seems to be well maintained, but it is very crowded with zero privacy, and I would be embarrassed to sell the back tent sites as a campground. The back tent area is surrounded on two sides by 3-floor motels and parking lots, separated only by a low fence. Apparently, there is also a security problem, because signs are posted everywhere to not even leave coolers out. The Wifi seems useless--have never gotten on the Internet despite strong signal strength.

• Stayed September 2013
Mark D, Manager at Canyonlands RV Resort & Campground, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Jim H,
I am extremely proud of this campground and the job we do here.
Many people who call to make reservations specifically ask for the back tent sites because they like them so much.
My favorite spot in the park is T-5 in the back tent area.
Perhaps you would have been better off staying in a remote place.
You mentioned the worthless wi-fi with a strong signal? That sounds like a contradition of terms. Did I mention that we got all new state of the art wi-fi put in a month ago and we can handle 400 users at a time through our 4 blowtorch towers? Perhaps it is not our equipment that is worthless.
Mark Divine