Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
Vio.com
$224
AllenTXGroup
Allen, Texas

Convenient and clean

Review of Bowen Motel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 30, 2017
We've stayed a couple of times at this motel in Moab. It's a very clean and comfortable, staff was friendly and accommodating. It's close to the Arches & Canyonlands, and within short distance to restaurants. We will definitely stay at the Bowen again.,
Trip type: Traveled with friends
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Tyson L, Owner at Bowen Motel, responded to this review
Responded Aug 1, 2017
Thank you so much for the fantastic review. We are pleased to hear you've chosen to stay with us several times. Our business depends on feedback from our guests and we appreciate you taking the time. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and hope you have a great summer.
$309
    $199
0.1 miles from Bowen Motel
View more hotels in Moab
1,054 results
All reviews bike wash the main street room was clean in town free laundry walking distance place to stay restaurants and shops washer and dryer convenient location arches national park first floor would definitely stay here again after a long day downtown moab recliner microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

It is really clean place. The beds are set up nicely. it's an older motel but it's taken cared of. The only reason I will not stay here again will be because they falsely advertise their bed sizes. I purchased a queen bed but these are full beds. I sleep on a queen and I travel frequently where I stay in hotel with queen beds so I know what a queen bed is. Unfortunately they claim their queen beds are actually queens but They are full size beds and they won't admit it. They think we can't notice. So for 150 dollars a night it's not worth sleeping on a full size bed where they think we don't know the difference!! Got my hopes up!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Tyson L, Owner at Bowen Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. While I appreciate your feedback and point of view I must respectfully disagree. I am the owner and manager of our establishment and have personally ordered each and every bed for our property. I can prove and guarantee that every queen we advertise is indeed a true queen size bed. We do have two full beds along with queens in our family rooms but they are advertised as such, the rest are either kings and queens.
I'm so sorry you feel as though you have been deceived but it's important to me that our current and future guests know this is indeed a false accusation.
I wish you a good summer and wonderful future travels. I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay at our property.
Tyson Lesmeister

Reviewed July 20, 2017

This hotel is very nice, clean, friendley staff, right in the midle of Moab, close to Arches National Park. Comfortable beds, laundry room very nice, clean and new machines. Looks like everything have been renewed recently.
There is also an outdoor pool.
Like to stay here.

Tyson L, Owner at Bowen Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and our place and hope to see you again sometime!

Reviewed July 14, 2017

We stayed here while visiting Canyonlands National Park. Arches is also in the area but we had seen that park on an earlier visit. This is a family run motel. It looks well-kept just pulling in to the parking lot. The workers were very friendly upon check in. Our room was on the second floor and if you have a problem with stairs, request the first floor. The hotel was packed but our room was very quiet. The room looked clean, even around the edges which is so nice after a long, hot day. I gave it a 4 because our sheets were stained and the fan in the bathroom seemed to put out warm air rather than pull damp air out, the white hair dryer and its plug didn’t look like I would want to hold them to dry my hair, and the refrigerator door was covered with layers of fingerprints – sorta ick. Now the room itself was so clean that I am sure the sheets were stained but clean, but you just never know and that is a big deal to me. Parking is tight but we did find a spot. There is no breakfast, but just down the street maybe a half a block is a place that serves only breakfast and it was very good. There is a pool and although we didn’t use the pool, it looked clean as did the area around the pool. It isn’t huge but it’s a nice pool. The bathroom was tiny but spotless, there is a separate sink area and a nice larger area next to the sink for luggage/hanging things. They provided LOTS of places to plug devices in to which is also pretty rare in a hotel. Only thing missing was an ironing board and iron and maybe a towel bar by the sink. If we were to plan another trip to this area, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Thank Michael and Jan... M
Tyson L, Owner at Bowen Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We absolutely love hearing from our guests and we appreciate your comments and suggestions. I will forward this review on to our housekeeping team so the in room issues can be addressed. It's nice that you have taken so much time to let us know the specifics of your stay, it's very helpful. We look forward to seeing you again sometime.

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

I found this place by using yelp. This place was closer to my price point. It is a basic place but it has a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The ac kept up in the heat and the place was clean. I just wish breakfast was included

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank B4248LWdianeg
Tyson L, Owner at Bowen Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback, we love hearing from our guests. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and I'm sorry about not having breakfast available. We hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Nothing wrong with the room, which I found acceptable. Clean, tidy and equipped with what you need and what you expect. But the pool area might be a bit small and cramped. But all things considered, this is not a bad choice.
But in my opinion, I don`t find the location of the motel as the most ideal in Moab. It is located directly on the main street, which can be both busy and noisy due to the heavy traffic.
After trying several motels in Moab I am not in doubt that a location on the outskirts of the city is the most ideal. And preferably a little secluded from the main street in the northern direction, which is closer to Arches/Canyonlands and Castle Valley. And more quiet.
But if staying close to restaurants and shops is most important for you, the location of Bowen is ok.
Bowen is perhaps not the place where I've felt most welcome or the motel with the highest level of customer service. Had to wait a while to get access to our room, since we were a bit early in relation to check-in time. When I asked the front desk if I could use the bathroom I was told that “Sorry, we do not have a toilet”.
But if a guest asks nicely and are in emergency, is it really too much to ask to borrow the toilet? (They must have hidden a toilet back there somewhere).
This toilet story is maybe not a big deal and should of course not scare you away from staying here. But the point is that if you work in a motel, regardless of whether the motel costs $ 50 a night or $ 200 a night, you work in a service industry. Important not to forget that (got a flashback from a Seinfeld episode for a moment there, “no toilet for you”.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Tyson L, Owner at Bowen Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We love hearing from our guests and value the ideas and suggestions we receive.
You are correct, our location can have both and upside and a downside. It is located along Main Street; this can be very busy at time. But, as you stated it is great if you want to walk to all the local shops and restaurants.
I'm so sorry your room was not available for an early check-in. We do, of course, have a bathroom available behind the desk. With how our motel is set up the bathroom is located close to our business center of operations and you’d have to walk directly behind the counter, we keep things locked up and secure but as the front desk gets busy things aren't always put away the second we receive them. It's too big of a risk to have others walking back and forth during this time. We take our guest’s security and privacy very serious and feel this isn't a risk we are willing to take, I hope you can understand. We want you to feel secure when staying with us.
We hope your trip was wonderful and memorable and that someday we might see you again. Wishing you the best summer!