Lowest prices for your stay
$278
Tehachapi, California

Good location

Review of Bowen Motel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 11, 2017via mobile
I found this place by using yelp. This place was closer to my price point. It is a basic place but it has a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The ac kept up in the heat and the place was clean. I just wish breakfast was included
Trip type: Traveled with family
Tyson L, Owner at Bowen Motel, responded to this review
Responded Jul 12, 2017
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback, we love hearing from our guests. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and I'm sorry about not having breakfast available. We hope to see you again sometime.
  • Skyscanner.com
  • Priceline
10.8 miles from Bowen Motel
View more hotels in Moab
1,054 results
All reviews bike wash the main street room was clean in town free laundry walking distance place to stay restaurants and shops washer and dryer convenient location arches national park first floor would definitely stay here again after a long day downtown moab recliner microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Nothing wrong with the room, which I found acceptable. Clean, tidy and equipped with what you need and what you expect. But the pool area might be a bit small and cramped. But all things considered, this is not a bad choice.
But in my opinion, I don`t find the location of the motel as the most ideal in Moab. It is located directly on the main street, which can be both busy and noisy due to the heavy traffic.
After trying several motels in Moab I am not in doubt that a location on the outskirts of the city is the most ideal. And preferably a little secluded from the main street in the northern direction, which is closer to Arches/Canyonlands and Castle Valley. And more quiet.
But if staying close to restaurants and shops is most important for you, the location of Bowen is ok.
Bowen is perhaps not the place where I've felt most welcome or the motel with the highest level of customer service. Had to wait a while to get access to our room, since we were a bit early in relation to check-in time. When I asked the front desk if I could use the bathroom I was told that “Sorry, we do not have a toilet”.
But if a guest asks nicely and are in emergency, is it really too much to ask to borrow the toilet? (They must have hidden a toilet back there somewhere).
This toilet story is maybe not a big deal and should of course not scare you away from staying here. But the point is that if you work in a motel, regardless of whether the motel costs $ 50 a night or $ 200 a night, you work in a service industry. Important not to forget that (got a flashback from a Seinfeld episode for a moment there, “no toilet for you”.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Tyson L, Owner at Bowen Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We love hearing from our guests and value the ideas and suggestions we receive.
You are correct, our location can have both and upside and a downside. It is located along Main Street; this can be very busy at time. But, as you stated it is great if you want to walk to all the local shops and restaurants.
I'm so sorry your room was not available for an early check-in. We do, of course, have a bathroom available behind the desk. With how our motel is set up the bathroom is located close to our business center of operations and you’d have to walk directly behind the counter, we keep things locked up and secure but as the front desk gets busy things aren't always put away the second we receive them. It's too big of a risk to have others walking back and forth during this time. We take our guest’s security and privacy very serious and feel this isn't a risk we are willing to take, I hope you can understand. We want you to feel secure when staying with us.
We hope your trip was wonderful and memorable and that someday we might see you again. Wishing you the best summer!

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

We were planning a trip all through Utah's national parks. We reserved one month ahead and payed ahead. We then had to rearrange our schedule slightly. This was the only hotel that would not allow us to change the date or let us drop one of the 2 nights. The room was clean but the walls are so thin and the floors are creaking that every time another guest shut their door or walked in the room our room SHOOK!!!! AND when we even enquired in person at the desk about the possible refund for the one night the girl at the desk rudely responded " ABSOLUTELY NOT".

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha L
Tyson L, Owner at Bowen Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

We offer our most sincere apologies for your schedule change. Unfortunately when booking a pre-advance room it is clearly stated there are no refunds, modifications or cancellations. This is how we are able to offer the room at a lessor rate. At times we are able to accommodate a schedule change but this needs to be a due to a medical or family emergency that can be verified and it sounds as if this was not the case. This is a very busy time of the year in Moab and being full most nights makes it difficult to move the dates around, again, we are deeply sorry.

I’m sure our rooms are not sound proof and being right on main street can cause noise. The location of our property is wonderful but there are upsides and downsides to being right next to a busy road.

Our girls at the front desk are wonderful and I’m sorry you feel like they didn’t respond accordingly. Each and every one of our guests is important to us and we value your input. If you would like to discuss this further we’d be happy to email with you directly. I can be reach at Tyson@bowenmotel.com

We hope the rest of your stay in Moab was wonderful and you have a great summer!

Reviewed July 6, 2017

The Bowen employees were all welcoming, kind and helpful! Location was superb...couldn't be better! Room, clean and quiet. Bed, dreamy. Shower pressure fantastic. Lighting great. Refrigerator, pristine. Pool amazingly clear and clean...wonderful area to meet other travelers. Except when heading out to Dead Horse Point State Park or Canyonlands, walked everywhere in town. Purposely avoided Arches. If you're missing something for your trek, check out Gear Traders, south end of town. And don't miss MoonFlower, store and deli, where food is indescribably delicious! Organic and grassfed! There I discovered FMC (Fresh Moab Coffee), the best I've ever tasted in my life. So delicious, had four pounds waiting when I arrived home. The people of Moab perhaps the friendliest I've ever met.
I would like to thank Gloria, my first introduction to Bowen Motel, via phone, who patiently answered questions and took time to offer suggestions and guidance. Thank you also to Monica and Connie also wonderful front desk gatekeepers. Thank you, Kyle, for keeping the pool so beautiful. Thank you to Sarah and the other house cleaners... and thank you to the delightful couple who tend to the outside areas. And thank you, Tyson, for taking the time to meet with you to express my gratitude. Each one of you is why my experience was so wonderful! And why I'll be back.

Room tip: Explain what you want when you call and let them guide you. Loved my upstairs room!
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Tyson L, Owner at Bowen Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! It was a pleasure to meet with you and I appreciate the feedback. We absolutely love hearing from our guests and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 5, 2017

It was very close to Arches National Park, which was convenient for us because we were doing the 4am hike to see the sunrise in Delicate Arch. It is a decent , clean hotel with nice staff. I recommend it!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Tyson L, Owner at Bowen Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed our beautiful town and hope to see you again!

Reviewed June 23, 2017

We had a quiet room and easy drive to Arches. Stayed here for three nights. Hotel was on the Moab strip and within walking distance to dining, shops, etc. No complimentary breakfast but they offered a ten percent discount at a really nice coffee shop with great food and tasty sweets. Staff was nice and people staying there (a lot of bikers) were super nice laid back folks. Outdoor pool was a little chilly but very clean.

Room tip: Fridge in the room, outdoor pool a little chilly.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Tyson L, Owner at Bowen Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We love hearing from our guests and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again!