“so-so”
Review of Bowen Motel

Bowen Motel
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed November 11, 2012

A few unfortunate negatives in my own experience here . . . . when I checked in the price was 5 bucks more than the price I'd clicked on on Priceline, which the desk person was not open to discussion about, saying it was impossible & that was that. It's a negligible amount --but at the same time it's negligible for them as well, enough so for them to create a feeling of good customer relations & honor the word, rather than handling it in a way as if I were a whiner & a liar--which was the feeling conveyed, giving a very lousy feeling to the onset of the stay.

It is a standard strip motel, right there on the main street, no particular charm, decent price, decent room, decent bed. However, some issues: If you're on the 1st floor, moderately sleep-sensitive to sound, and you have an upstairs neighbor who gets up earlier--well, you'll be getting up then too-- the foot-sound & other sound really travels. Same thing with the in-room heater/AC unit-- I thought a truck was left idling outside my window. Final thing: there was a creepy-looking brown stain on the sheet, right where you don't want it to be, if you know what I mean.

Room Tip: Maybe the 2nd floor is quieter?
Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank MarkPaulF
BowenMotel, Owner at Bowen Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Our apologies for your negative experiences, If you happen to follow up with this review response I would be happy to catch up with you personally and negotiate the $5 and perhaps make up for the other things. Send me an email to info@bowenmotel.com and mention (Nov. 11, 2012 “so so” review). The A/C units are only 3 years old, hard to imagine they sound that loud but I will try to find out what may be happening with the unit, we will just check them all. We have a very good cleanliness reputation and even though we do miss things here and there I doubt there was a brown stain in the sheets, I truly believe we would have not let that get by. We will try harder though.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Bowen Motel is one of the more reasonably priced motels in Moab and is conveniently located on Main Street, within easy walking distance of shops. It is also a good choice for winter travel, since some motels in Moab close for the off-season. Desk reception was pleasant. Rooms are basic but clean and comfortable with some amenities (small fridge, coffee, etc.). Wi-fi is available though the signal strength seemed low. Some of the rooms appeared to be undergoing renovation when we stayed there. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank IOM06
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has recently been updated. Clean as well as comfortable for a fair price. Within walking distance of downtown Moab. I would definitely stay here again. Only complaint I have is bathroom fan not working properly.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank lovepugs63
Reviewed November 5, 2012

One night and booked online through booking.com. Realized I could have gotten a few dollars off if I had booked directly through motel, but price so reasonable anyway. Big, clean room....walking distance to many nice shops. Location so close to Arches. Overall a good experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank andyg_15
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is an older quiet motel in the center of Moab. It is walking distance to all resturants and shopping. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. But establishment is older and shows some ware. The furniture in our room was nice and had been updated. The breakfast is not included and food in Moab is expensive. Simple egg breakfasts with coffee for 2 were running $25.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 195flying
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed for 1 Saturday night at the end of October. We had 2 rooms, and they were nice, clean, and large. The Motel is right on Main street, which can be noisy when busy, but with the doors closed, we could not hear the street noise. The price was very good with AAA discount.
The location is convienient to a nearby grocery store, and numerous cafes and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marinos P
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We spent two nights at the Bowen Motel; the price was the best we could find after checking rates on other chain hotels, and we were delighted with our room. Although it's an older property, the new owners are trying very hard to upgrade it. Our room was large, comfortable, clean, had very good beds, and internet access. We were minutes away from Arches National Park (amazing!) and Canyonlands. The Bowen Motel is a great location and a great deal! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family