“A GEM IN TOURIST TOWN.”
Review of Bowen Motel

Bowen Motel
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is truly a gem in this tourist town. When we checked out prices in Moab, the hotels where all so expensive that we were going to stay in another town. But then we found the BOWEN Motel. We were a little skeptical of this place because of the price being much lower. Now we can tell you that this is a great place and great value for the money.
Check in was fast.
We got room 201, which is right by the pool on the second floor. And the Main street is right there too. I was not happy about that but once in the room and the the ac/heater fan on it was amazing that all the outside noise was gone and all night too.
The room was huge. It was so big they could have had two king size beds in there.
The king bed was very comfortable. We had a nice fridge, microwave and a table and chairs in there, so we had breakfast in our room. Oh yes there is no breakfast with the price.
Internet was fast.
The pool was very warm for a pool, more like a big bathtub.
Next time we travel through this area we will most certainly stay here.
GREAT JOB staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HOGG00007

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Like the other reviewers have said, the Bowen had the lowest prices I saw online. Nice to say the rooms were clean and the motel in conveniently located. And it was nice that they provide an area to wash off our dirty mountain bikes so we don't have to track a bunch of dirt into the room along with the bikes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Bowen Motel had the lowest online room rates I could find in the Moab area. I made reservations for two nights online though booking.com and received a conformation quickly to my email. Because it was such a low price compared to other places in town I was worried about the quality of the motel. My worries were unfounded.

When I went to check in my reservation had been screwed up and they only had me staying one night. Luckily I had printed the conformation email off and had it with me. After the front desk clerk checked my conformation email he started looking to fix the problem without me asking. He didn't have any king sized bed rooms available for two nights. The only room available which my girlfriend and I could keep for two nights was the family room. He made the changes and took care of the situation quickly and without me needing to say a word.

It was obvious the owners of the Motel are in the process of remodeling the rooms. There was a mix match of old temporary furniture and newer, much nicer furniture in our room. The bathroom had already been redone and was real nice. The rest of the room was defiantly in need of modernization but was still nice and clean.

The family room had a coffee maker, microwave, and refrigerator. For me the coolest part was what looked to be very new keyless entry locks. The room "key" was credit card sized and just needed to be waved near the door handle to unlock the door. That made it very easy to open the door when our hands were full of bags or souvenirs. The motel is right downtown and easy walking distance to all the downtown restaurants.

There were plenty of area travel guides and the other usually hotel magazines in the room. The local restaurant menu guide was really help fully but had been well used and was wrinkled like it had been wet. I felt like I needed to wash my hands after touching it. It was time to replace it.

All in all my girlfriend and I enjoyed our stay. It would have been nice to have a king size bed instead of the smaller beds in the family room but we were glad to not have to change rooms after our reservation was messed up.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dirk9
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Bowen is conveniently located to downtown Moab. The rooms are very clean, and two of the three people in the office were very nice and helpful. We did have two different rooms because we arrived a day early. I would recommend asking for a double queen room because, even though it is upstairs, it is much more spacious than the single queen. You walk around the corner for the 24-hour laundromat. Even though it is on the main street, we had no trouble with noise at night.

Room Tip: Ask for a double queen because of the size of the room.
3  Thank gardener5082
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We make frequent trips to Moab and used to stay at another motel. But since our last experience there was disappointing, I read up on the other motels on this site. We chose the Bowen Motel, and it did not disappoint! Our room was a two-queen on the second floor and it was so much larger and better appointed than the "other" motel. Clean, walking distance to most restaurants and shops; pool was warm and clean. My husband also noticed an outdoor area to wash bikes and motorcycles, with rags provided. Awesome! We'll be staying here from now on (and btw, it was the same price as the "other"!)

1  Thank Superglide09
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Spent 4 nights at the Bowen Motel in September and only have good things to say. Great location that was close to restaurants, coffee houses and the center of town. Clean rooms with all the amenities (frig, microwave, coffee, wi-fi, flat screen TV, comfy beds). Friendly staff and dog friendly rooms. Would definitely recommend this motel to anyone staying in beautiful Moab.

1  Thank JandCtravels
Reviewed September 26, 2012

So much better than expected. Was prepared for 'budget' accommodations, and was pleasantly surprised. Stayed in rm 202 king bed with large flat screen TV, small fridge & microwave & coffee maker & 2 recliners. Hubby thought he was home. Bathroom was updated & very clean, towels were newish & soft. Check-in was smooth, attendant friendly & helpful. Used AAA discount, so room was just over $100. A bargain in Moab. Very happy with stay at Bowen.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family