“Gravel gravel gravel RV Park”

Archview RV Resort & Campground
Ranked #14 of 34 Specialty Lodging in Moab
Scappoose, Oregon, United States
“Gravel gravel gravel RV Park”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We planned to stay here for 4 nights but had to cut our visit short. There are trees but small, it is mainly gravel everywhere. We had a deluxe cabin and rv site. The cabin was fine. Need to run the AC all the time to stay cool and drown out highway noise. There is NO Cable tv and no local stations. The park is all gravel all the time. We moved to another RV park closer to Moab and closer to Arches and loved it (Riverside Oasis)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Geoff L

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here in a Double Cabin for four nights the week of July 16th. The location of about 10 minutes north of Moab, but it's priced accordingly as well. Like other reviews, the park is right off of the highway so you will hear the traffic, however with the A/C going, we did not once we were inside the cabin. I was looking for place where we could sleep, shower and use the bathroom during our visit to the National Parks so from that standpoint, our needs were met. The office is also a convenience store and they had what most of those stores had. I would have liked to see a bigger selection of frozen food that we could heat up in our microwave.

One night my kids and I laid in the back of my truck for an hour or so and looked up at the stars. Being from a large city, I forget how amazing it looks without the light pollution of the city. The website made me believe that the Double Cabin's had bunk beds, but ours did not. It had a full and a twin size bed. It was good enough, but the bunk beds would have been preferable to keep the boys from messing with each other while I tried to fall asleep. I guess I should have questioned it, but after being on the road all day, I just made due. There is very little extra space, so we lived out of our suit cases which we had to stow under the bed.

I guess my review sounds negative, but I would recommend the cabins to the relaxed traveler who can let the little things slide. If you're expecting a hotel room with maid service, I would book one of the hotels in town.

1 Thank jrm4013
Ann Arbor
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Rented Delux Cabin. Filthy! Beds were full of dirt, pillows had dirt on them, sheets had dirt on them, beds were full of dirt, hair in shower and all over bathroom floor. I had to borrow a broom and sweep (got a dustpan full of dirt) wash the shower, toilet (gag) as they did not offer to do it. I turned in all the sheets, pillow cases (had to pound out the pillows on the near by tree) and shake out the stained rug. New (stained) bedding was resentfully provided. Not offer of help, just said: "this is a desert, what do you expect." We stayed here 6 days and 5 nights, had two 50 mile an hour wind storms blast in the campground during our stay, and not one speck of dust got into my bed, or on the floor. Hmmm...Management never offered to speak to me, and they had plenty of time to make an appearance.

One staff member was very nice and loaned me her cork screw, thanks!

Room Tip: For the same price, stay in town and have friendly service and hospitality.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Moab hotels

Bicknell, Utah
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was looking for cheap and this is what I found. We stayed the night in the cheapest cabins they had, just needed a place to sleep, was not bad but I did need to run the ac to keep the outside noise from the road from keeping me awake all night, but thats ok b/c it was HOT. Very small shower but it worked for what we needed. Only thing I found odd was I was told I had to take out my own trash, is that not what the cleaning person is for and what I kind of paid for?

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked about 6 months in advance, randomly picking one of the parks since we had not been in the area before. Reviews here on Trip Advisor were one of the criteria we used. We were not disappointed! This park is far enough away from the tourist area and shopping to be relaxing and not crowded. If you are looking for a park close to shopping, this is not the one for you. Not a lot of shade of course, but we drove by multiple parks going back and forth for sightseeing and none of them had much either. They even adjusted our reservation when we called and asked if we could get in a night early. Great people, decent laundry room, clean showers and their small store had what we needed and the only negative thing I could say was that they say they offer says free wi-fi, however the only decent signal I could find was while I was in the laundry room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Orange, California
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I've stayed at Archview each spring for the last four years. I rent a Deluxe Cabin while friends use RV spaces. Since we go off-roading, the location couldn't be better. It is centrally located to numerous trail-heads. Both staff members and management at the resort have always treated our group with true hospitality. If you're looking for a four star hotel, stay in town. If you're looking for a true Moab experience stay at Archview.

Room Tip: If you're traveling in your RV or off-roading with your friends, this is the place to stay. You...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Moab, Utah
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Reading the negative reviews I can not understand why for I found NOTHING negative about Archview RV Park.

Traveling in a motor home I originally chose Archview because it is a short distance away from the town of Moab. Allowing a free from light polution night sky view. I was not disappointed. But it is still close enough to Moab (9 miles) to give easy access to shopping, restaurants, and the many other tourist venues.
The Staff is extremely friendly and helpful when needed. I can't say enough about the staff, I now consider many of them friends. It is quiet at night and the views of the sun setting on the LaSal mountains, along with the night sky views are tremendous. I have stayed here two years in a row and you can bet I will return next year.

Room Tip: Call ahead, it is a popular place, especially in Spring and Fall. Premier sites are the best. A litt...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo