“Great deal!”
Review of Motel 6 Moab

Motel 6 Moab
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed September 21, 2007

This Motel 6 is a great deal for the price. I stayed at this hotel in September 2007 and paid $69 a night. The other hotels in Moab were generally more expensive than this hotel.

The hotel is well maintained and seems to be relatively new. The appearance from the outside is very attractive. The rooms are basic and small. However, they are clean, well maintained, and comfortable. The hotel is listed as a 1-star motel. However, I would rate this as a very good 2-star based on age, comfort, and cleanliness.

I initially booked this hotel because it was one of the few hotels with an open room. I expected the worst because I've had very bad experiences in other Motel 6 hotels. However, I was thoroughly surprised and satisfied by this hotel. I would definitely return on my next trip to Moab. Other hotels of less quality were charging much more than $69.

The hotel's location is just north of Moab's Downtown area. You can not walk to the downtown restaurants and shops but its less than a 5 minute drive. It is very convenient to Arches, Canyonlands, and Moab's other outdoors activities.

All in all, if you're interested in a good deal and cheap, comfortable, and clean rooms, I would recommend the Motel 6.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank QualityInnDallasScks

Reviewed June 27, 2007

After spending hours in beautiful Moab, we decided to stay a night versus driving through to our next destination. Motel 6 accepts pets, as we were traveling with a small dog, it was the perfect hotel. The price was cheaper in person that it was online or by calling the toll free number. It was the day after Memorial Day. We have been to Moab many times over the years and enjoy the scenery and walking distance to everything. We would definately stay here again. The free breakfast was great, waffles and doughnuts too! Check Moab out for yourself because it is too beautiful to put into words.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank jodi090801
Reviewed March 17, 2007

We have just returned home from our annual spring half-marathon trip to Moab, Utah. The town always fills up for this event and we always expect to pay more than usual. This year we were late making reservations, but found a room available at Motel 6. We were charged $119 per night, which was the going rate for the nicer motels in town, and just one dollar short of the highest published rate for that particular Motel 6.. All we were provided was towels and two small bars of soap. No lotion, no shampoo. There wasn't even Kleenex. There wasn't even a built-in place for a box of Kleenex, like other motels have. There were no drawers for our clothes, just empty spaces, where drawers would ordinarily be, below a desk area with shelves for shoes, etc. There was no hair dryer, no iron. From our window we could see the motel, a block away, where we usually stay which charged the same, but offered all the above plus a continental breakfast , a fridge in each room and a micro wave in the lobby. Motel 6 has no lobby, just a check-in desk area and a coffee dispenser. None of these amenities are necessities, but for the $119 per night, they should have been provided.
The bed was comfortable and there's a pool.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank winnie22
Reviewed February 23, 2007

When I got in the room I had to ask for another because my neighbor was extremely noisy. The staff was very friendly and gave me a bigger room. I loved this motel because it's not a park-in-front style and it has a great hot tub. I soaked in there for a few hours chatting with some other guests and slept like a baby.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled solo
2  Thank desertchick
Reviewed September 15, 2006

This motel is new, accepts dogs and has a good ice machine. Otherwise there is not much to recommend it. Walls are paper thin and any noise in adjoining rooms is clearly audible. The shower next door was louder than a freight train. Our room had no hair dryer, no coffeemaker, no toilet seat cover, no shampoo, no hand lotion, and no clock. Our reservation made months earlier was lost. And what's with the concierge in boxer shorts? The Super 8 next door is a much better value for about the same price.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank desertlavender
Reviewed July 27, 2006

I tried booking this hotel way in advance using AAA. I called a month before we were supposed to be in Moab just to confirm our reservations. The person who answered my call could not find my reservation. I was not happy. So I made the reservation with the hotel directly, thank goodness they still had a room for us. Two weeks before we are to be in Moab I decide to call again to make sure they have our reservation. Again there was nothing in their system for us. (you would think at this point I would have been smart and just stayed somewhere else) So I make a reservation again. We get to Moab and go to the hotel andagain NO RESERVATION in their system!!!!!!
I t was really late and we were so tierd. They found us a room and we did stay one night in their dirty room(sheets where dirty) YUCK! and the very next day we checked out!!! NEVER AGAIN will I stay in a Motel 6.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank marmotsgrl
Reviewed April 11, 2006

We are a fan of Motel 6. This motel 6 is clean and the building is new. Good place.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business