“Very Nice Hotel In Moab”
Review of Motel 6 Moab

Motel 6 Moab
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed August 25, 2010

The hotel is a very nice place to stay...

All hotels in Moab are around 75 to 100$ and this hotel is also in that range.. You cant find cheaper/good hotel at that price around that area... Its 4 to 5 miles from the national park and a calm place to stay...

After exhausting walk in the national park, we had a great sleep at the hotel.. :)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Moab

Reviewed August 18, 2010

The first room we were given was musty/moldy and the second had a broken down bed (mattress & box spring), no hot water in the shower, the curtains were full of holes, the carpet was filthy, the electric outlet at the desk was so worn out my cell phone charger wouldn't stay in the socket, the Formica on the desk was peeling off & there was a lot of noise in the interior corridor in the morning from doors slamming.
This was the worst Motel 6 I've ever stayed at! I've stayed at numerous Motel 6's over the years and although they have "no frills", they have been adequate for travel purposes. Motel 6 promises; "When you stay at Motel 6, you can always count on our PROMISE to provide a CLEAN, COMFORTABLE room for the lowest price of any national chain." The rooms we were given at the Moab Motel 6 did NOT live up to the Motel 6 promise. I don't know whether the other rooms at this motel are any better, but I was told that this motel was a franchise/not corporately owned and that it hasn't been "refreshed" since it became a Motel 6 in 2000.
Anyhow, my husband & I planned to stay mostly at Motel 6's (when we weren't camping) during our 2 week vacation, so we booked our room in advance. After a long day of driving from Torrey, UT, hiking & sight-seeing in Capitol Reef NP and Natural Bridges Nat'l. Monument, we finally arrived exhausted at the Motel 6 in Moab, UT around 11:00 pm.
Upon checking in we asked for a room on the top floor but were told that they were sold out and only had 2 rooms left. So we were given RM 212 on the 2nd floor. We were told the ice machine adjacent to that room was "broken" and that we'd have to get ice from another floor. When we opened the door to RM 212, we both smelled a STRONG MUSTY odor that was so obnoxious that neither one of us could handle breathing the moldy air all night (I assume this may have been caused by water damage into the room from the "broken" ice machine). We left our bags in the room and went down to the check in desk to ask to be moved to a room that wasn't musty/moldy.
At first I understood the night clerk (who had a heavy accent) to say there wasn't another room available and that someone came in after us and got the last room. But after some persistence, she said she would have to go up to RM 212 to make sure we didn't "use anything" before moving us. So we went up to the room with her. After she verified that nothing was "used", she sent us to the "last available" room RM #105. It didn't smell bad so we moved our bags to that room.
Since it was hot weather, we needed to shower before going to bed. But there was virtually NO HOT WATER in the shower, so our showers were very quick in the cool water. I thought that maybe all the other guests had recently taken showers and their water heater hadn't had time to recover...but when we showered again in the morning, there still wasn't any HOT water in the shower. I had the knob turned all the way over to hot both times and the water was so cool I could not stay in it long enough to wash my hair or shave my legs/arms. My husband said that in the morning he heard another guest complaining about a lack of hot water, so the problem wasn't just in our room. (I guess they are saving a lot of money by not providing hot water!).
Then we discovered that one of our beds was completely worn out & both the mattress & box spring were broken down and sagging. We had to jack it up with a bible & phone book & pillows from the other bed. Since we'd already "used" the shower we assumed we had no recourse at that point. Needless to say my husband barely slept at all with such a crappy bed.
In the morning, we saw sunlight coming through holes in the curtains. In addition; the carpet was filthy, the electric outlet at the desk was so worn out, I couldn't plug in my cell phone charger...it just kept falling out onto the desk! And the Formica was peeling off the edge of the desk.
This motel is in desperate need of a remodel, mold remediation in RM 212 and a new boiler/water heater (or they need to turn up the thermostat to allow guests to have hot water). In my opinion, this motel is giving the whole Motel 6 chain a bad reputation and I hope that Motel 6 "guest relations" takes proper steps to insure that the owner(s) of this motel "refreshes" it to meet the quality that guests have come to expect: Basic, but CLEAN & COMFORTABLE. I have contacted Guest Relations to notify them of the condition of this motel and have asked for an adjustment to the $114. charge for the room. I was told that they have to investigate it and will get back to me in about 15 days. Based on the fact that we did NOT receive a CLEAN, COMFORTABLE room (as promised) and we have not yet been any adjustment, I could not recommend staying at this Motel 6 until it has been "refreshed".

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cattonline
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Moab UT is not an easy place to find a cheap place to stay and this is probably the least expensive place in town. If you are going for the hiking or the national parks and don't care whether you have turn down service, you'll do fine. If you expect 300 thread count sheets and boundless space with modern decor, you'll hate it. The front desk staff were very helpful and extremely nice. My one big knock on this hotel is that the walls are paper thin. I was able to hear very clearly every conversation around me without trying. The gentleman across the hall watching World Cup soccer was most enthusiastic at 5 am. The location is good, especially for proximity to Arches, but if you are a nightlife person, this hotel is a good distance from the hub of Moab.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2010

The Motel 6 in Moab is an unexpected good value for travellers who use to stay in a Motel 6 . This one has interior corridors and even a hair dryer, quite exceptional at Motel 6..Located at the main entrance of Moab, 5mn far from the Arche National Park. The most valuable is the kindness and professionalism of the front desk and housekeeping teams. Mark specially was very helful and did everything possible to please me and give me a room of my preference .He also gave me a lot of information about Moab and the surrounding areas. Laura the maid was also very helpful.
All the rooms are not smoking ! great initiative even though it looks that some guests are still smoking (in my second room, it was smelling smoke) .Two negative points = the vending machines are terribly noisy and there is one on each floor (so better request a corner room....) + the bed linen (sheets/bedspreads/blankets) is very old, sometimes stained, sheets are almost "transparent"....
Overall : possibly the best value in Moab.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
RamadaMoab, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2010

Thank you for your posting. Our Motel 6 works very hard to offer a clean and comfortable stay for each of our guests. Motel 6 is known for a no frills stay that delivers the lowest priced room at a great value among any national chain hotels. Thank you for recognizing our efforts.

Reviewed July 6, 2010

Clean basic rooms. Brightly lit bathroom. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful especially employees Ryan and Mark. They greeted us each time as we arrived and knew our names ... very pleasant.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
RamadaMoab, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2010

Thank you for recognizing our staff's efforts to ensure our guests are happy with their stay with us. Our rooms are clean and functional. Thank you for recognizing our hotel. We look forward to your return to Moab.

Reviewed June 20, 2010

Exception service, staff was fantastic. Much more than I expected for a Motel 6. Very clean and comfortable. With how high prices are in Moab, this was a deal.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
RamadaMoab, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2010

Dear Guest: Thank you for your comments. Our manager has been working hard along with the entire staff to deliver clean and comfortable rooms and everything else that is unique of a Motel 6. Thank you for recognizing our efforts and appreciating our good value at good rates.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised at my stay at the Motel 6. Staff were friendly. They had free wifi and a small but nice pool and hot tub. I wasn't expecting all that. It certainly isn't a five star hotel, but if you are looking for a clean, relatively inexpensive place to stay in Moab, I'd recommend it. They also had a room that you could lock your bike up. Another pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends

Dear Guest: Thank you for taking the time to comment on our Motel 6. Our staff works hard to offer a clean and comfortable room all while delivering what is unique about Motel 6. We offer a nice room and several "expected" daily amenities at an economy motel, e.g. Heated Pool, Hot Tub, Wi-Fi. Thank you.