“Close to Arches National Park”
Review of Motel 6 Moab

Motel 6 Moab
Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in Moab
Macomb, Michigan
“Close to Arches National Park”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Motel 6 can be a nightmare,but this one was clean and modern.Good location ,about 5 minutes from town and park entrance.The floor is wood which I think is the way to go because we do have a pet. Merri at the front desk was very helpful,there were alot of customers checking in and she gave needed amount of attention to each of us..Overall a good expierience,would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barry E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Palisade, Colorado
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was shocked at the size of the room. Thats the smallest room I have ever stayed in for the price, it was horrible. No fridge, no clock radio, no carpet. Was not impressed. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie J
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear DebbieJ: Thank you for sharing your stay experience. You stayed at our hotel during a special event where rates are higher. However, our rates are still below those of other national chains in the local market.
I don't believe you are familiar with what a Motel 6 is. Our hotel is a prototype hotel. We offer a clean, no frills, and well maintained facility. Our rates are lowest among national chain hotels within the local market.
I apologize if you were not familiar with our hotel product and stay in Moab during a special event. Please do stay with us again during a non special event. I am sure you will like your experience much better.

Travelers are raving about these Moab hotels

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Corrie, the manager, is AMAZING! She will make your stay perfect! We loved the location as it was so close to Arches National Park and not far from Canyonlands and Dead Horse Park where we did a lot of hiking. The newly redone rooms are beautiful and the bed & pillows are VERY comfortable. The BEST place to stay in Moab! We can't wait to come back! Thank you, Corrie & staff - you made our visit unforgettable!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank BeckiNJoe
Mansfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This motel 6 offers a nice clean room with very nice pool and hottub to work out the sore hiking muscles. Expect motel 6 ammenties and you won't be disappointed. I even see the town police driving through the lot doing security checks.

Room Tip: Third floor is the quiet place
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank chip56
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Staff worked well with us to get our group (18 of us) settled in. We had a great time in Moab and the motel was clean and the pool and hot tub have always been great on our stays. We will plan to stay here in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The room was what I paid for, so no complaint since I wasn't expecting a resort. What I was expecting was a peaceful night of sleep. If that is all you want out of your overnighter, don't stay here! I swear there was some feral cat living in the hallway that would wail mournfully every morning at about three AM and then again at 5 and 7. I think it must have had a bladder infection. Then the "people with the little dog" checked in. I think they had three kids and a little dog (I have a little dog, I am not prejudiced) that liked to bark, which pissed off the feral cat... When I checked in I looked tired (not sleeping for over 24 hours will do that to a person) and the gal checking me in gave me a room that was going to be "more quiet" (I could've hugged her) well, I was on ground level next to, guess, no really, just guess! Did you answer the POOL??! Thank goodness the weather was still fairly cool and only about eight people (kids and/or adults) were in the pool at any given time.
Negative:
*There is a feral cat and/or barking dog within hearing distance (right outside your door)
*If you are in rooms 101, 103 (me this stay), 105 and 107, beware the pool noise.
*The walls are paper thin
*The wi-fi SUCKS! I posted that comment on Facebook after about 15 minutes of the comment loading. Of course, if you are a night owl, the connection gets much better, just don't try to log on between 7 and 10.
*You are not in the middle of town, walking the shops and moseying back to your room isn't an option. However, you are closer to Arches than any of the other H/Motels at half the price
Positive:
*The staff is friendly (everyone in Moab, with some exceptions {Moab Brewery hostess}), are friendly
*The room was clean
*The bed was comfy
*I felt safe

Overall, it is a bare bones place to stay. The walls are thin, you know when your neighbors get in the shower because the water pipes are loud. The floors are cheap laminate because they allow pets, understood, makes sense. When I first walked into my room I thought, "Really?" but I was tired and I slept well. If you are in Moab for anything, you are probably there to NOT be in a room all day. If you don't care that there is no continental b-fast, the wi-fi sucks and it isn't a 5 star rated resort then this is a great deal! The best thing about this place is that it forces people to explore for food and entertainment!

Room Tip: Try to get top floor west.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your stay experience. We apologize for the noise problem you experienced at the hotel. In the future, please do not hesitate to contact the front desk to request a room change. We will be more than happy to accommodate. If you have additional questions, please contact Corrie at 435.259.6686 or email her at M64119bo@motel6.com. Thank you.
Utah
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The pool is nice, the location is great, and the minimal staff is doing their best but that is about as far as the positives go. The room was clean, which is amazing, considering how dirty most of the activities in Moab are. The room felt small and very minimal. The bathroom and shower were at an awkward angle. There is no shampoo, only a small bar of soap and there was a shortage of towels. We asked for more at the desk and the one and only employee on the premises offered to wash some for us if we brought our old ones down. They were very skimpy with the pool towels too. The night guy did his best but there is only so much one guy can do. The room was noisy and none of us slept very well. We could hear traffic on the street and also, the beds were noisy so we could hear every time someone turned over or squirmed in the night. Corri Jo, the morning manager was terrific, she was the bright spot of our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank road trip'n
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Guest: Thank you for your comments on our hotel. Motel 6 is a no frills motel. We do not offer room amenities in trade for a lower room rate than any other national chain in our local markets. We are happy to learn that you recognized our clean rooms and friendly and helpful service. Thank you and we hope you will stay with us again.