“A clean pleasant safe place to stay in Moab”
Review of Motel 6 Moab

Motel 6 Moab
Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in Moab
Salt Lake City, Utah
“A clean pleasant safe place to stay in Moab”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was surprised by the friendly staff at this no frills motel. The rooms were very clean and the access and parking were easy. It is located north of town so it is drive or bike ride to town where the restaurants and shops are located. The negative is the noise from upstairs both from the guests and the plumbing

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms might be quieter with less outside light during the night
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Nicely placed between arches and downtown moab. Clean, nice rooms. Friendly staff. VERY dog friendly, there were a lot of dogs there when we stayed. Indoor corridors. I think it was better than the typical Motel 6.

I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Holly T
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Let's start with the positive things regarding this motel. It's clean, looks new, has a spacious bathtube, good beds/pillows and is located nicely between Arches NP and Moab town centre.
The drawbacks: it's quite noisy, especially the noise from flushing toilets the floor above a room (as if an aircraft takes off) and machines on the third floor of the motel. That's where the story starts...
We were given room no.311, situated nearby the machines. The noise is so terrible and loud that we requested another room. We had not used the beds or anything but one little soap and towel (we had just arrived). Karla, the front office employee at duty, responded: "just pull out the plug at night." I checked that solution but it didn't silence the noise. So I went back to Karla and asked again for another room. She responded very quickly: "we don't have any rooms available." It sounded like a lousy excuse so I checked availability on the website. Yes, there were rooms available, the same kind as had been given to us. Besides, other rooms were still being cleaned and a man before us in row called half an our ago to make a booking. So, I just didn't believe her.
I confronted Karla with this. Deep sigh from Karla "Ok. You want a room with 1 queen size bed?" "No", I responded, "there are other rooms available! I can book them right now via the website!" It really felt like she tried to offer inferior rooms just to get rid of these 'annoying customers'.
"I have room 211 available" was her next try. Suddenly, there áre rooms available! I asked her if that was the same room as we had, but then a floor lower, so again, next to machines. Yes, it was. "Do you want room 214? You can have a look first." Finally, a decent proposal. Since that sounded further away from the machines, we decided to have a look. Although this room too was next to machines, these machines were much more quiet. Very acceptable. We agreed on this room and I asked Karla one more thing: "why were you so unwilling to help?" She said she wasn't unwilling to help, it was just that she had so much rooms to shift or something like that.
My advice for future customers: first check on the noise for about 15 minutes. The motel itself is not that bad at all.
My advice for management: replace, fix or (re)move the machines and have a chat with Karla... Hospitality and willingness gets a lot more credit!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank masebok
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We take customer service very seriously at our Motel 6. The hotel manager has spoken to Karla who apologizes and will do her best to improve her service skills. The hotel is happy to learn that Karla did eventually find you a room of your liking. We hope you had a good stay with us and enjoyed Moab.
California
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We booked Motel 6 at the last minute and we're glad we got a room in the high season as they were sold out when we arrived. Guests need to temper their expectations. I hadn't stayed at a Motel 6 since I was a kid and was pleasantly surprised by how nice the room was. Yes, you pretty much just get a towel, but you're traveling and usually have everything already. Staff is very friendly. Decent place to stay for Arches. Also, the stairwells are air-conditioned!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank aeropostale
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We appreciate your business and value your stay with us.
Flagler Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed here while we explored the Arches NP. Typical Motel 6...rooms were clean and pet friendly but not luxurious but it suited our needs for the night. It did have a nice pool area. Located near the Arches.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy C
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are happy you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. We hope you also had fun exploring beautiful Moab area.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I travel extensively and understand Motel 6 effort to offer clean rooms at affordable prices. I never use motel coffee, have my own clock, etc. I have to have clean and comfort. This motel was clean in the room but there were kids running through the halls constantly, playing on elevator etc. the elevator made strange noises when we used it so I decided to take the steps.
The biggest issue is the Motel 6 charges premium prices and therefore could be better. Not faux linoleum floors that allowed us to hear every step from above both late into the night and early morning. The two pillows provided are almost funny but on my almost 30 days of travel this summer this was the worse attempt to sleep. Paying over 100.00 a night in these rooms should permit 3-5 pillows easily. If you are going to price with the other large chains then provide some equity in service. I would not stay again unless everywhere else was booked. Finally, the desk clerk should control the kids from running and using the elevator needlessly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bogeybacall
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Moab, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We value your patronage. Our new pillows have arrived and we will be adding them to our guest rooms. Our manager has also been made aware of your comments on unruly children without good parental watch. We will have our desk clerks pay more attention to this. In the future, please do not hesitate to bring the problem to the front desk's attention.
We believe our rates are below premium for the area as other hotels are easily double our rates during peak tourist season. We therefore are very confident we are still providing excellent value to our guests.

Travelers are raving about these Moab hotels

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We booked a night at the Motel 6 because after arriving in Moab we decided to stay an extra night--and the La Quinta Inn we were staying at was already booked up. We travel with dogs, so not only is finding a (decent) place that is dog friendly important, but finding one that doesn't charge huge pet fees. Reluctantly, because I had never stayed at one and always heard horror stories about Motel 6, we booked a room here. I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the room is small, and yes the amenities that, as Americans, we expect are missing--but that it reflected in the price, so it's not a big deal to me. Especially since I expected it. The room was clean and appeared to be newly renovated. The bed wasn't as comfortable as other chains, but, again, also expected. And, yes, those floors were linoleum. BUT, they were, I believe, trying to follow a modern decor and it is the linoleum that is supposed to resemble hardwood. This has its pros and cons. Pro: you can really tell that the floor is clean, and especially for a hotel that accepts pets, this is important. Con: You can hear every. single. move the people upstairs make. And there were kids above us. But, this is the luck of the draw at any hotel. My only really big complaint is that there were only two pillows on the queen size bed. Yes, I know that this can be remedied with a call to the desk, but I would imagine there are lots of requests for more pillows, so why not go ahead and supply them to begin with? It saves everyone the hassle.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple