Sorrel River Ranch Resort and Spa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Moab(Moab)(Great Value!)
$189
Aarchway Inn(Moab)(Great Value!)
Hotel Website
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Plus Canyonlands Inn(Moab)(Great Value!)
$229
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Hampton Inn Moab(Moab)(Great Value!)
$287
$237
Hampton.com
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Plus Greenwell Inn(Moab)(Great Value!)
$277
Very Good 4/5
Red Cliffs Lodge(Moab)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Bowen Motel(Moab)(Great Value!)
$246
$212
TripAdvisor
The Gonzo Inn(Moab)
TripAdvisor
Great 4.5/5
All reviewspetting zooriver viewfarm to tablehorseback ridingporch swingtennis courtsfamily suitearches national parkfour seasonswestern stylespectacular settinghummer tourrock formationsred cliffsnatural beautybeautiful propertyamazing location
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed March 23, 2006

I cannot believe some of the last reviews! I have been a many time repeat guest (10+ times) to Sorrel River Ranch throughout my many visits to the Moab area over the last 5 years. I have **never** experienced (or witnessed) a situation that the staff did not go out of their way to bend over backwards to accommodate the guest, and smile while they did. I have met the entire management staff; all are very cordial and professional. Each always personally ensured that we were taken care of. And they could be reached at a moments notice if something was not right with our stay.
This is a 4-Diamond **Resort** here folks. Sure, you pay a bit higher rate than the competition, but, you are not only paying for incredible rooms (I highly recommend the Spa Suite!) surrounded by the most jaw dropping views imaginable; you are paying for superb, attentive service! Sorrel River Ranch provides incredible guest service. In my many travels, worldwide, good service is hard to find, it is readily available here in the USA at Sorrel River Ranch. I could not imagine the management would allow the services of a luxury resort to slip; ever.
I love tripadvisor, because they allow the "truth" to be heard about a hotel before spending your money on it. But I have noticed that many of the other hotels on this site get hammered with negative postings. Many seem very absurd and senseless (like the ones below). I am wondering if those negative postings are from real guests or not.
Anyways, If you are looking for the **truth** take it from me, a repeat guest,

Sorrel River Ranch Resort (and spa) is ***truly the #1 hotel in Moab.***

Accept no substitutes.
I think you all should take the advice from one of these postings, and go say hi; I think you will be astounded at the setting and the friendly service. Say hi to Matt for me.

• Stayed: February 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 6, 2006

I've never been treated so rudely in my life. The atmosphere is decieving. You arrive at a beautiful well groomed secluded ranch. But as soon as the hired help begin talking to you, you soon realize that you are there to be pushed around, talked down to, and in general, you are there for them - they are not there for you. I said that the service was less than we would have expected and was told that the area is "rural" and good help is hard to find. (by some kid that professed to be the assistant manager)

You have to park a mile away from the cabins which is a bit rediculous. At 9:00 PM we were called and asked if we could turn off some lights.. it was bothering people that were walking in front of our cabin.

Dinner was ok, but certainly not worth the crappy way that the staff treated us. In this entire place the staff treated us as if we were a nuisance and it was made clear to us at all times that we could have gone to a lot of other places. Well guess what, we'll never stay here again. Terrible, just save your money on this place. If you must, drive by and look at it, take a tour of it so that you can see how you are treated, but for goodness sake, stay somewhere else that you can feel warm and invited.

Stayed: February 2005
28  Thank rmadison12
Management response:Responded May 23, 2006

This review is a complete and utter fabrication and the person who submitted this review NEVER stayed at our resort. The letter is laden with erroneous and inaccurate information and I would like to point the most obvious out:

1. Our parking lot is 700 ft. from the farthest room, not one mile (5280 ft.) The purpose is to ensure that the grounds are pedestrian friendly. We also offer valet service to all guests and maintain a fleet of golf carts so that we may offer rides anywhere on the resort to those people who prefer not to walk.
2. We do not employ “assistant managers.”
3. How could we possibly ask a guest to turn off their lights? And who would complain about another guest’s lights being a bother? This is absurd.
4. As a Small Luxury Hotel and as Conde Nast Johansens Recommended Resort; as the winner of the World Travel Award for “Rockies’ Leading Resort” (2004 & 2005) and “Rockies’ Leading Spa” (2004); as a recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award for four years running (and the ONLY Four Diamond resort in Moab), we hold our staff and our service to the highest standards. In fact, we are the only resort in the area that offers a Satisfaction Guarantee: we will gladly issue a 100% refund to any guest who stays with us and feels that we fail to meet their expectations..

As obviated by the fallacies in the review, I believe the “Trip Advisor Member from Arizona” has never stayed with us. This review is undoubtedly a malicious attempt to slander our excellent reputation.

If you did indeed stay with us I encourage you to contact me directly for a full refund.

Robert Levin
Owner/Proprietor
Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa

Reviewed February 25, 2006

Nothing can match the vistas of Castle Valley, Fisher Tower, the Colorado River. Staff was friendly and very helpful. We were disappointed that the hot tub wasn't open -- even in shoulder season, we felt we were paying a pretty high rate for room and dining. Dinner was superb; breakfast not so much. But we will recommend it to our friends and family.

6  Thank farmerswife3590
A TripAdvisor Member
Kailua-Kona, HI
Reviewed January 29, 2006

We just returned from a stay at the Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa in Moab, Utah and it was magnificent! We're from Hawaii and beautiful surroundings are an everyday thing, so it was very surprising for us to be so blown away by the beauty of the Resort and its location. We had some idea from the pictures and reviews we saw online, but of course that's only a hint of the experience you get when you arrive.

The resort is small and intimate and you really feel special thanks to the staff and just the fact that it's uncrowded. We loved the restaurant and I loved the spa (pedicure and facial). We took two trips into Arches National Park - thanks to Matt for expert advice on what to see in a short amount of time.

The rooms are sublime. Beautiful decorations and a really comfortable bed. Absolutely a "don't miss" when it comes to a relaxing vacation. We can't wait to come back and try river rafting.

• Stayed: January 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 1, 2006

We stayed at the Sorrell River Ranch as part of our American trip which included New York, Miami, Nevada, Arizona and finally Colorado. The SRR did not disappoint. The location on the banks of the Colorado river cannot be beaten. I can only agree with the previous reviews. However, we visited in July when the temperatures are around 100 and the pool area didn't have any shade or parasols... a minor gripe but one that should be looked at by the management. The rafting on the Colorado is a must as is the Hummer trip. Unfortunately, when we visited the riding at the SRR was unavailable, if it had been, I am sure we would have enjoyed the experience in such a fabulous location. The SRR is not cheap but from my experience of the USA you get what you pay for...the location alone is worth the money.
We look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: July 2005