Very dissapointing. This is the perfect place if you have money to burn and quality just doesn't matter to you.The website paints the perfect picture and I have to say, location, views, layout of the facility and comfort of the beds really score high! However, cleanliness, policies, and staff let this place down. Booking the room is taking a risk.. you would lose all $1500.00 if you had to cancel before 45 days....No Military discount either! I called one week in advance to book 2 spa treatments and dinner reservations. My Itinerary showed the wrong times for the spa booking and no dinner reservations. We stayed in room family river view room C1. Very nice room, but there were crumbs and dust under the kitchen table and around the trash can. The covers on the couch and chair looked dirty and there was more dust, crumbs, and candy wrappers behind the chair and under the corner of the rug. When you are paying $750.00 a night for a room, I don't think it's too much to ask for a clean room. The bedding was comfortable, but looking up at cobwebs in the light fixture was off putting. We took food to cook in the 'kitchenette' - there was only a microwave and no dishes to use besides the plates and small bowls. Limited cutlery, no stop for the sink. The second night we ate at the restaurant which was very expensive and a limited menu. Service was slow and the waiter forgot to bring us the bread basket that we saw every other table recieve. I enjoying giving a tip for good service, but I did not appreciate an 18% gratuity being added to the spa and restaurant and then being presented with the tab showing an optional space for a tip... Huh?? The pool looks inviting until you see the rust/dirt stain that at first glimpse looks like something else was left in the pool!! At check out we were asked if we enjoyed our stay so we took the opportunity to voice our concerns and findings. At home I responded to the 'Post stay' e-mail with the same comments. Still have not heard anything from the manager but noticed that she does reply to some of the comments on Trip Advisor. I only have 2 wishes, #1 that I would have taken the robes in the room to compensate for cost I paid, and #2, that I would have stayed at the Red Cliffs Lodge just up the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst southern Utah’s spectacular scenery, Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa elevates the standard of luxury lodging in Moab, offering 160 acres of wide open ranch land along the Colorado River. Escape and discover extraordinary Arches and Canyonlands National Parks adventures, horseback riding, hiking, farm-to-table meals, rejuvenating spa services and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sorrel River Ranch Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sorrel River Ranch Hotel Moab
- Sorrel River Hotel
- Sorrel River Resort
- Sorrel River Ranch Resort And Spa Moab, Utah