“Super helpful, thought of everything”

Canyon Voyages Adventure Co - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Canyon Voyages Adventure Co. offers half, full and multi-day river trips on the Colorado and Green rivers around Moab, Utah for you and your family. Our professional guides will make your river experience comfortable and fun! If you're a 'do-it-yourself' type, Canyon Voyages Adventure Co. is the premier rental shop for all your boating and camping needs
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Just wanted to say thanks a bunch for the great service and rental gear on my recent trip down the Green River. That was my mom's first backcountry trip in Utah and everyone in our group loved Labyrinth Canyon. We found beautiful campsites and went on some fun hikes. Renting our raft, canoes, and other gear from you made the trip a success. The gear was in great condition and you thought of all the details. I'll definitely recommend you to my friends.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The company accommadated our vacation time. There were no other commercial trips going out yet, but they made it happen. Our trip was the first trip out to West Water Canyon. They provided wetsuits and dry suits, as it was 45 degrees air temp, and 40 degree water temp. Richard, the main guide was great. He was very knoledgeable, and an all around great guide

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We rented gear and a raft from them for a weeklong trip down Desolation Canyon. They were very helpful with supplying us, including packing everything into a small pickup. The gear was mostly good, although the backup air pump they gave us was not in prime condition. They were very understanding when we modified the pump to work better, and forgiving when we broke their firepan and a few straps. I think what I appreciated most was that it felt like their price was fair, and they were not trying to nickle-and-dime us.
Overall I was very impressed.

kayak-dudette, Manager at Canyon Voyages Adventure Co - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review! We are always striving to improve our operation and appreciate your input. Hope to have you visit us again, and keep on boating!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've always wanted to go white water rafting - well, it wasn't exactly that. . .water was low, so they explained to us before hand that it would be more of a gentle floating day on the water, but some rapids. We went for about half a day and it was great fun!! Our guide was Zack and from the area so was helpful telling us stories about the area ~ it was a warm day of 89*, some of the people paddled along in kayaks, and we stopped for a nice picnic lunch that the guides set up and was all catered. It was really nice and who can complain about nice salads to chose from, meats, breads, cheese and cookies!! All tasted great being out there along with a beverage - I would say go for it if you are wondering; they bus you up to your entry point and bused back; the scenery was gorgeous looking at all the rock formations and we saw Eagles flying over. I would like to do it again, but a little more adventous, this was a mild ride and would be great for a first timer, not used to water, and for families especially.There was a family with 3 youngest on our trip, they all enjoyed it and was a perfect trip for them. Glad we did it!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The reservation process was professional. I called a month in advance, discussed options, decided on the 1/2 day afternoon rough water inflatable kayak paddle. Gave my credit card information over the phone and later that afternoon a confirmation e-mail arrived explaining everything in detail. Our party of 4, two adults and two teens, were the only ones that booked the afternoon trip. They sent us out with John from Idaho. John was very personable with surprising knowledge of the area, particularly for someone not from Moab. After about a 1/2 hour or so drive we put in at Onion River. The kayaks were two person inflatables called "duckies". We went through some fast or rough water, maybe you could call them small rapids. The scenery was amazing as you went down the river. My wife's kayak flipped going between two rock, she had the option to go around them. No harm, no foul, John handled it very calmly. She described it as being thrown in a bath tub, the water was that warm. We stopped at a nearby sand bank, had a snack and floated in the river a bit before continuing on. We took out at Rocky Rapids, loaded up the kayaks and went back onto Moab. Total time about 3 1/2 hours. The scenery and guide make this trip. I'd recommend it to anyone, just a little bit of adventure, at least in the summer. Next time I'd go for the full day for certain.