Review Highlights
An exciting, customized adventure!

My husband I are planned a last minute trip to Moab. After discovering Arches National Park was... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Berrett010910
via mobile
Great Experience

My daughter and I had a great experience!!! Dan Mick's were super friendly and they made our... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Davxyz1

Recommended experiences in and around Moab
from $106.00
from $119.46
from $107.51
from $69.00
1,772 results
All reviews strawberries jeep tour hell's revenge his son whipped cream brownie hell's gate dinosaur tracks family business driving skills overlooking the colorado river moab rim expert driver these guys roller coaster highlight of our trip hot tub
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We ran into Dan while mountain biking in Moab. After 6 hours it was nice to see someone so knowledgeable and will to help in the area. He pointed us in the right direction, gave us some really good advice on which trails would get us back to the road safely, and gave us some water before we continued. And since it was getting a little late we took his phone number just in case we got lost again and needed some help getting back out. After talking to him for a while it was very apparent that he knew the area very well and cared about his customers and how much fun they had on his tours. Next time we are in Moab we will definitely be making time for a jeep tour with Dan.

Date of experience: March 2014
3  Thank Bryan M
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Based on several of our friends recommendations, we took a ride with Dan Micks's Jeep Tours while on vacation in Moab this summer. We were not disappointed. Dan's son Richard was our driver and it was a thrilling and fun ride on a very crazy road course over boulders, hills and things you cant imagine a jeep could go over. I would highly recommend this company.

Date of experience: June 2014
2  Thank YSeattle
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We went on the sunset tour on Hell's Revenge with Dan Mick's group. Curtis, our guide, was outstanding and so fun to be with, it felt like we were traveling with a friend. Three vehicles (Dan, his son Richard and our guide Curtis all behind the wheel of different vehicles) made our way over the slickrock, thunderstorms were surrounding us, which made for a very dramatic tour as the sun went down. We got to the overlook and Dan took us all off the high rocks due to the weather. The storm passed and back up we went for an awesome sunset over the CO River. As we headed back, over unbelievable rock trails, we were again surrounded by lightning but felt very safe, trusting Dan's experience and judgement of the situation. As Curtis said, "We played chicken with the storm all night" and while we saw a significant amount of lightning strikes, we never got wet or had a close encounter. It was a life-changing experience between "the Intimidator" and "Hell's Gate" and all the trails in between. Do this and do it with Dan Mick's team - they did an outstanding job. Can't wait to go back and do it again!

Date of experience: July 2014
4  Thank erika w
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Richard took us on the ride of a lifetime thru Hell's Revenge trail on July 5. My girlfriend was leery about sitting up front as we approached the first rock climb; but after that it was total awe after that. Richard handled the Jeep with such precision that there was nary a slip or slid during the entire tour. Additionally, Richard took the time to explain the area, rock formations an fossils in the area. I highly recommend Dan Mick's Jeep Tour an will book again when I have the opportunity to visit Moab again.

Date of experience: July 2014
3  Thank M B
Reviewed July 18, 2014

In late June 2014, my 6 year old son and I signed up for a jeep ride with this company based on the Trip Advisor ratings and comments. It was the right decision for us.

I'm Deaf, but my son is not, so Dan was very accommodating for me. He tried his best to ensure that I had similar experience as a hearing person would have. It was just the two of us in his Jeep, so that helped a lot.

We went on an afternoon ride with Dan as we had other activities scheduled. The ride was awesome! Dan showed us some tricks that I videotaped and shared with my family and friends and they felt like this was a thrilling ride even on video. Dan definitely knows his way around the rocky area. With 25+ years of experience under his belt, he was the perfect tour guide for me and my son.

Date of experience: June 2014