Review Highlights
An exciting, customized adventure!

My husband I are planned a last minute trip to Moab. After discovering Arches National Park was... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Berrett010910
via mobile
Great Experience

My daughter and I had a great experience!!! Dan Mick's were super friendly and they made our... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Davxyz1

Recommended experiences in and around Moab
from $106.00
from $119.46
from $107.51
from $69.00
1,772 results
All reviews strawberries jeep tour hell's revenge his son whipped cream brownie hell's gate dinosaur tracks family business driving skills overlooking the colorado river moab rim expert driver these guys roller coaster highlight of our trip hot tub
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Awsome. The start of the trip Dan takes you over a rock formation he called the intimidator. Then the next few formations he asks if you want to easy way or the hard way.

Dan and his son Richard do this so they can tailor the tour to your group.

But I say awesome is taking the hard way. And not to worry Dan has been doing this for 35 years and his son was in a jeep right behind us. Both know these rocks like the back of their hand. They make it look easy but watch them carefully. There are exact time to change gears, to accelerate, brake, turn the wheel this way or that.

Wear your seat belt and keep your arms in the jeep but do the adventure tour.

Dan also showed us dinosaur tracks and showed where a plant eating dinosaur was taken down by a pack of hunting meat-eating dinosaur. Pretty interesting stuff.

We have never been on a jeep tour before. But this is not something I would do by myself. Leave the driving to the pros or follow them in your own jeep so they can show you the route.

Dan and his son are also genuinely nice people. They talk and wave to the other people on the trail. Are fun loving. And offer water to people on the trail (you don't want to dehydrate in the middle of nowhere...)

Go with Dan Mick or his son Richard and experience awesome.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I just experienced a true adventure in Moab, I would do it again and again. Dan took my family of 5 on the best vacation tour ever. It was scary, fun, and informative. The dinosaur tracks were a hit with the kids and my hubby wants to come back to Utah so Dan can train him on how to properly drive a Jeep! By the end of the ride I was comfortable traveling on the slick rocks with Dan at the wheel. Thanks for the amazing experience.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Dan was a fun guy and really nice to my family. They had never Been wheeling and the fist climb seems crazy. I had done this before and new what to expect. Wife and kids screamed a few times and dan loved it. His jeep is totally sweet, built to the hilt. V8 conversion 5.7L 60 front and rear rolling on 38's
We were straight up and downing times. Of you come here without a jeep. This is must

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Dan Mick lives up to his title of "Mayor of Slick Rock"! This tour was exciting, informative, and gave us a new appreciation for Jeeps. Dan sure understands the capabilities of his Jeep, and pushes the limits in an exhilarating way! My wife was nervous about doing a tour of this nature, but Dan's experience and confidence set her mind at ease!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Took two young impressionable kids, wife and I out for a sunset jeep tour with dan in his awesome jeep. Picked us up at our hotel and immediately hit it off with the kids, letting them climb around and orient themselves to the jeep. He gave them first dibs on choosing seats. He showed us a whole case of water available if we needed and made sure everyone was sitting where they wanted and belted in. Off we went up towards slick rock. Along the way. He was telling stories about moab history and his experience. He was funny and kind, checking in with the kids frequently. We traversed some steep climbs and stopped to look at dinosaur tracks. In the time we were there learning history and paleontology three commercial tour operators came and went. They were in and out....dan took time with the kids to show us fossils and tracks the others skipped over...the whole trip was like this....his personal touch added a great deal more than I think we would have gotten elsewhere. My daughter had a blast...laughing incessantly over each climb, tilt or descent. Dan kept checking with wife to make sure he hadn't overstepped anyone's comfort zone about heights or speed or steep angles. When the sun started to go down and my son got cold he put him up front with the heater on to warm him up. It was THE PERFECT FAMILY ADVENTURE. We learned a lot, had a ton of fun, and he was great with the kids, grandfatherly with jokes and advice and wisdom. The numbers speak for themselves. Over 200 excellent ratings. I'm offended that anyone would be allowed to disparage this guy and call him unprofessional. He was a consummate pro....as a off road guru, and as a man. If you do nothing else in moab, go out with dan, he is a Moab institution. Well done sir.