“July 1st”

and up
Guided Full-Day Mountain Bike Tour in Moab
Ranked #30 of 97 things to do in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: A nine-mile, world-reknowned mountain biking trail that attracts 110,000 people per year.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I didn't like the dirt trails but will still ride them. The slick rock was so much fun. We rented mountain bikes. My husband and I, my daughter who is 17 years old and not and avid mountain biker and my 11 year old son. We had a blast. We loved the slick rock the best. I couldn't believe how easily my son picked up riding on the slick rock. I wish I had this type of mountain biking where I live!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

When I rode the Slickrock this past week I saw lots of people who were NOT capable of riding this trail, having a bad time. It is upper-intermediate to advanced, and only the advanced will be able to make all the climbs. However, riding on the slickrock sandstone is something every mountain biker should try at some point. It teaches you a lot of good technique. This trail also crosses a lot of sandy washes, so remember--do not turn your bars in sand! Also, if you are riding in June-July-August, hit this trail at 6 AM--the rock is cookin' by 9 o'clock. If you are a less-skilled rider, I suggest asking a bike shop for a map of the Bar M trails--a good introduction to Moab's riding.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I am not an expert rider, nor am I a beginner. I didn't even make it around the practice loop - which from what I gather is as difficult as the main loop, only shorter. Looking for a slick rock experience without all the crazy technical corners and mad verticals? Try Circle O on the Bar M trail system.

1  Thank blondeambition151
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is an experience you can't pass up if you are in the area and have some experience on a mountain bike. Its unique as you don't have the rocks, roots, and ruts that provide some perspective particularly on downhills. Its like a long roller coaster that will challenge you. The climbs can come quick so watch the gearing. I rented from Poison Spider Cycle shop and they set the bike up well and provided some good info on the experience.

1  Thank Brian T
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Really a different and fun ride for advanced riders. Yes there are many ups and downs that are fun. However, some of the ups are very steep and difficult to get up without walking, even for very good riders. Just be aware that you will walk up more than you expect. All that said. It should be ridden if you're in Moab. Tip: do not ride in from town. It is over 4 miles and you will do a good deal of climbing. Get a ride and save your energy for the ride.

1  Thank Darrelldd