“The Classic Moab Trail” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Guided Half-Day Mountain Bike Tour in Moab
Ranked #28 of 90 things to do in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: A nine-mile, world-reknowned mountain biking trail that attracts 110,000 people per year.
Denver, CO
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The Classic Moab Trail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

The Classic. Do it at least once! It can be challenging for the uninitiated, but you will never ride anything else like it.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank davecolo

Nashville, Tennessee
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

If you're a mountain biker and find yourself near Moab, you owe it to yourself to check this off your bucket list. An unforgettable trail.

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth doing but crowded”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

First visit to Moab with the aim of doing to two famous rides - Slickrock and Porcupine Rim. Slickrock is unique, lot's of short 'granny gear' technical climbs and drops. Pretty crowded with other mountain bikers, dirt bikers and 4x4's. Well worth the ride just for the surfaces - like riding on sand-paper. Probably not for beginners or out-of-shapes, but pretty straight forward, Beware of the lack of oxygen if you use this as your aclimitization ride and you live at sea-level.!

Chicago, Illinois
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The reason we traveled to Moab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

First off let me describe my old man mountain biking skills, I ride the single track trails in local forest preserves around Chicago. So I knew this was going to be an incredible challenge for me and it was. But I enjoyed every minute of it, even if I had to walk my bike along the tougher stretches. We rented bikes from Poison Spider where the staff was very helpful and encouraging. Luckily it was a cloudy day which kept the temperature reasonable in the low 80's. There is no where to hide from the sun on this trail. All that said, this trail is everything it claims to be. If you are up for a challenge, ride this trail. The scenery and photo ops are everywhere. I'll admit it is daunting at first but my technique improved during the ride as I got used to some of the steeper downhills. I took my time, enjoyed the ride and the people I met. That said I could barely walk by the time I got back to my car....but I can't wait to ride it again.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank DJBrooklyn
Calgary
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Good fun but don't need to go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Great challenge to try and make all the climbs. I can't believe what your wheel will stick to. Although strenuous it was all rideable. The views were fantastic. Glad I rode it but I don't need to go back. Lots of other spots in and around Moab.