“Fun for experienced riders too”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Moab Horses

Moab Horses
Ranked #35 of 93 Outdoor Activities in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: Small group and custom trail rides in the Professor Valley, visiting the Colorado River, riding in Onion Creek, and seeing where numerous movies and commercials have been made in the cliffs and canyons of the desert. Beginners to expert, ages 5 and up, weight limit 240 pounds. Private rides available.
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
“Fun for experienced riders too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I grew up with horses, so the guided rides I've been on have been a real snooze. Walking robotic horses nose-to-tail is not my idea of fun.

But my experience at the Hauer Ranch was great! They gave us live young horses. We were able to get a private ride for two when we called 1 day in advance. Our guide was really fun. And of course it was beautiful there!

Visited June 2013

USA
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Best Ride of a LIFETIME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The person I spoke with to make the reservation was exceedingly helpful and kind even though she was going thru some family sadness. The gals that ran this place were strong, hardworking, responsible,intelligent, vigilant about your safety, AND informative and entertainling

Visited June 2013
Kitchener, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Trip Highlight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I and 2 kids (age 10 & 7) had a recent trip to Moab and decided to try the Hauer Ranch for a trail ride. Our wrangler Sam was fantastic! Beautiful setting!
Give yourself time to find the place... a sign at the road would help, but that may have been taken care of by now.

Visited May 2013
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun and informative horseback ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

John the owner and Samantha his assistant took my wife and me on a 2 1/2 hour trail ride along the Colorado River, a small creek bed and through the open range around the Hauer Ranch. The ranch is a short distance from the Fisher Tower and other scenic areas off Highway 128. We went through locations where various movies and commercials had been filmed. John was very well versed in the history of the area, the plant and animal life and of course film making done there. Neither my wife nor I are experienced horse back riders but John and Samantha put us at ease and told us what to do prior to starting the ride, so we really did not have any problems on the trail. To do something fun other than visiting the national parks this is a good choice.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Steve D
Sandy, Utah
“Very special experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

My fiance surprised me with a horseback experience. O'Brian was our guide and he did a great job with our tour. We experienced trails with creeks, inclines and declines, and some wide open ranges. We received some nice photographic memories too.

While we did wait longer than usual, the 2 1/2 hour ride with the various scenery and terrain, as well as it just being the two of us and our guide, was well worth it. Thanks for a great experience, we'll be back with some friends next time.

T and J

Visited April 2013

Been to Moab Horses? Share your experiences!