“Fantastic guide service and amazing trips”
Review of Desert Highlights

Desert Highlights
Ranked #38 of 65 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Desert Highlights is a canyoneering and packrafting guide service based in Moab, Utah. We cater to all abilities and especially enjoy introducing beginners to the joy and beauty of canyoneering. Established in 1997, we're the original canyoneering guide service in Moab. Canyoneering is all we do and we offer the widest variety of canyon trips in southern Utah.
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I went on our first trip with Desert Highlights on a trip through Canyonlands/Moab probably 6-7 years ago. We did it on a whim because it sounded fun. Well, now we're both hooked on canyoneering, have taken multiple courses through the American Canyoneering Association, have gone on 10's of canyoneering trips in Zion on our own and still come back to Desert Highlights because of their unique trips and excellent guides.

Zach and Herb are two of the best guides I've ever experienced in any guided company. Very knowledgable, very skilled and very patient (when appropriate). I can honestly say that these two, along with Matt the owner, changed our lives.

I'm not sure what the current status with DH and the National Parks allowing guided tours in the park is, but but regardless any trip they offer is beyond worth the price. You won't forget these trips. Skip the big box guide services and go with Desert Highlights, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I highly enjoyed the laid back nature and straightforward, no- nonsense approach on this trip. We all enjoyed or guide Herb and chatting with him while he guided us on a beautiful adventure. I would certainly recommend using these guides.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We did the Medieval Canyon trip with Matt, and it was absolutely AMAZING! I was with a friend who is afraid of heights, but after the first rappel, he couldn't wait to do the next one. Matt is extremely knowledgeable and friendly, he puts you at ease even though you are about to drop down into a canyon or over the side of an arch! There is an option to rappel down Morning Glory Arch, 2 at a time. Everyone in our group chose this option, and we were all glad we did! A wonderful experience that I will remember for the rest of my life. Thanks Mat!!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

...that was a direct quote from a 13 year old in our group after we completed our last rappel this weekend! We went with Matt and Ed with a group of 10 including adults, teenagers, and young kids...two of the kids only 6 years old. They were simply amazing with all of us, easy going, knowledgable, encouraging, safe, and CALM...even when the kids (or us moms) started to get nervous. The landscape was beautiful to say the least. We got some incredible photos, and everyone from the youngest kids to the adults agreed it was really "the coolest thing" we had ever done. The older guys even did a double rappel down an arch...how freaking rad is that?!? I was so impressed with them that we won't go anywhere else, and will make sure to include Desert Highlights on every trip we take to Moab in the future. Thanks again guys!
~The Morgan & Kalt Families

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Desert Highlights is a top notch outfitter. My buddies and I rappelled the Pleiades with Matt and it was an amazing, enjoyable and COOL trip that lasted hours, but definitely ended too quickly! Matt is a very knowledgable guy who is extremely patient with newbies, and goes above and beyond to ensure your adventure is full of great memories.

I highly recommend Desert Highlights for your next excursion into beautiful Moab!