“Excellent sushi and service but hot in the restaurant”
Review of Sabaku Sushi

Sabaku Sushi
Ranked #21 of 83 Restaurants in Moab
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami, Florida
“Excellent sushi and service but hot in the restaurant”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Everything great and fresh except the amaebi (sweet shrimp) that I know was frozen. Service was A+ and the experience was memorable

• Visited June 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
“Excellent Sushi in the desert”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Sabaku Sushi delivers fresh sushi every time . This is one of my favorite Moab places, great atmosphere but most important, great food. I love the speciality rolls. Sabaku can get crowded so plan accordingly.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sue B
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Killer sushi...horrible service!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Off the main road; this sushi joint ROCKS! We loved every bite (as well as my children) of the fresh fish! Atmosphere is perfect and drinks were cold! :)
As for the service the lady we had was a huge disappointment. She forgot our drinks and had to be reminded, forgot our second order of sushi & needed to be reminded AGAIN! We were in after 7 pm on a Thursday evening; not busy at all! Would have ordered more but she was to busy talking! If you order I would do take out!

Visited June 2013
Sonoma, CA
“Unbelievably Good Sushi in the Desert”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Okay, Moab is decidedly not a foodie town, and the last place you'd think you would find the best restaurant is a sushi place in the middle of the desert. But they get fish flown in from Hawaii and manage to create a cool atmosphere and some pretty damn good sushi at Sabaku. My favorite was the Maze, a specialty roll, but everything we had was good. If I ever happen to be back in Moab, this is my first stop for supper. I will stop short of saying best ever, but my wife and I had had sushi all over the world and this is very good. It's unbelievable given the location.

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I love this place”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Last month, my boyfriend and I decided we wanted some last minute sushi, so we ran over to Subaku.
They were just closing :(
One of the wait staff saw us outside and invited us in.
Even though they had just closed, we were treated as pleasantly as the first table of the day.
They read the specials to us, offered an awesome drink menu, had extremely reasonable prices and were prompt and kind.
I highly recommend this delight of a restaurant to everyone.
I love this place. Every time :)

• Visited May 2013

Been to Sabaku Sushi? Share your experiences!